So- I wonder how important long LP really is

StarSign

Pregnant- 3rd tri!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies-

I was just thinking when I was driving today, that so long as you implant by the end of what your LP is..then having a short one doesn't matter (as evidenced by Readyformore). So say your LP is like 8-9 days, and you implant on 6 dpo, does it really matter? I'm thinking not. But the concern can be if the implantation doesn't happen by then.

So, I now wonder if there's any tricks/tips for speeding up implantation??? :thumbup: Also, does anyone know if that the implantation dip we like to talk about is the beginning or end of implantation? It seems once it's finished, that the body then goes into mode to keep the lining and LP is over per se and you're on into your pregnancy.

So short LP's may not be as big a deal as having a nice mature egg with the perfect set of chromosomes into a nice, "warm" lining so body goes into "make a lot of progesterone mode".

Anyone have additional thoughts? And just for the record, Googly I think you tried implant about Day 6 of this past cycle..

I think that it matters because theres quite a few changes that the fertilized egg needs to make before it implants, and that travelling time through the tube to the uterus is where the egg multiplies and divides and if cut short perhaps not all the neccessary changes have occured to make it an implantable embryo? thats my thought anyway, and Im no expert! I posted a link to a video a few months ago that showed exactly what happened during that time and it was amazing how much needs to happen.

also a short LP is measured when a person calculates their ovulation to period right? well the cycle they get their bfp couldnt that cycle have a longer LP and thats why they get their bfp? but its not measurable as the period doesnt turn up. does that make any sense?

Hi Ladies-

I was just thinking when I was driving today, that so long as you implant by the end of what your LP is..then having a short one doesn't matter (as evidenced by Readyformore). So say your LP is like 8-9 days, and you implant on 6 dpo, does it really matter? I'm thinking not. But the concern can be if the implantation doesn't happen by then.

So, I now wonder if there's any tricks/tips for speeding up implantation??? :thumbup: Also, does anyone know if that the implantation dip we like to talk about is the beginning or end of implantation? It seems once it's finished, that the body then goes into mode to keep the lining and LP is over per se and you're on into your pregnancy.

So short LP's may not be as big a deal as having a nice mature egg with the perfect set of chromosomes into a nice, "warm" lining so body goes into "make a lot of progesterone mode".

Anyone have additional thoughts? And just for the record, Googly I think you tried implant about Day 6 of this past cycle..
Ha, you knew I'd be right into this thread eh! (you'd be right :haha: )

Well, yeah I'd like to HOPE that if you get a nice early implanter, it could still happen... and there's certainly the occasional person to support that. But I think 5 or 6dpo implantation is not the norm, and yeah, like sarah was saying, I think other stuff has to be right too.

I suspect with LPD, it's more than just "not having high enough progesterone", and/or, if you have a 'faulty' corpus luteum (causing the LPD), even if you get implantation trying to occur, it's not going to be able to sustain it/the pregnancy without some serious help. Some other forms of LPD are more about the quality of the lining, particularly the 'receptivity' of the proteins in the lining - in that case I don't think implantation can happen at all.

So I hope there's an element of truth there for some cases - given early implantation. But I think it's probably quite rare for those with <10 days LP. If you're 10-11 days your chances obviously start to improve.

Interesting though... when work calms down a bit I'm going to do some more research into causes of short LP/LPD :thumbup:

I'm not sure, but it's a good question. I don't think you can speed up implantation though. It takes about a week for the fertilized egg to travel through the fallopian tube. Not sure how you could speed that up.

I have no idea when implantation has occured for me.

I have always tested positive at 10-11 dpo though, so it must implant prior to that, at least for my 3 kids.

On a side note. . . .last cycle I had a crazy long 13 day lp! It was a really bizarre cycle for me! And, the past few cycles, my lp has been 12 days. I'm beyond shocked (and wondering if adjusting my thyroid meds played a role).

Could quite possibly be that ready... I know thyroid issues can definitely shorten your LP. I was convinced that was my issue for a while but I tested fine in TSH, so :shrug:

Could quite possibly be that ready... I know thyroid issues can definitely shorten your LP. I was convinced that was my issue for a while but I tested fine in TSH, so :shrug:

Ha! My doc said fine too. Maybe fine for others but not so much for me. My 9dpo spotting stopped and my lp lengthened by 1-2 days after adjusting my TSH.

What are your levels?
My TSH was 3.6, which is still within normal limits, and I was having that crappy spotting. I got it down to 1.55 and things have changed for the better.

Ha! My doc said fine too. Maybe fine for others but not so much for me. My 9dpo spotting stopped and my lp lengthened by 1-2 days after adjusting my TSH.

What are your levels?
My TSH was 3.6, which is still within normal limits, and I was having that crappy spotting. I got it down to 1.55 and things have changed for the better.

Mine was 1.9 mIU/L... is that alright then? The blood test results say normal = 0.4-3.8 mIU/L so I figured that was pretty much in the middle and should be ok.

:) ..yay, discussion. So, i found this video on YouTube which answered my general question. Implantation starts maybe about 6dpo, but doesn't finish for up to 11+ days. So, if the switch isn't tripped to let the body know it's happening, then lining starts shedding, etc. Doom, doom, doom for the eggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARERGD0neMI&feature=related​

I also learned that the silica hairs and muscles/walls of the tub uterus help transport the egg...so there's only so fast it can go (to Ready's point). And yes, Brooke has a valid one too about there being a dip in the BBT chart implying implantation- some don't have it, some seem to so really it's best to bank on the worst case of it taking up to 12 days.

Where does that leave things for someone who's LP hasn't been lengthened by B6, progesterone, and their thyroid test's fine? Maybe trick the body by doing something that simulates the hCG in the system in other ways or provides it to the system for a couple of days (to extend the LP). Maybe do that long enough to see if you test BFP. Still nada and the temps go bye-bye...it's on to the next cycle.

All the hCG supplements I see out there are for the help to lose weight. Well, in this case, it'd be used to gain weight:winkwink: Ok, that's the end of my postulating. But it seems to make some sense...weigh in folks. Has anyone ever heard of or done that option before?

SS, are you referring to HCG supplementing?

If you use the drops made for dieting to trigger an OV, you will need a very large amount; an Ovidrel shot can be between 5k and 10kcc.

Quality is also a huge issue with OTC HCG; I would be extremely cautious.

SS, are you referring to HCG supplementing?

If you use the drops made for dieting to trigger an OV, you will need a very large amount; an Ovidrel shot can be between 5k and 10kcc.

Quality is also a huge issue with OTC HCG; I would be extremely cautious.

You know..I wasn't thinking about that for Ov, more like at the end. Like the B12 sublinguals. I know B6 is discussed a lot. You know, I got it- maybe the smartest route would be to try to up quantity of B-complex as a whole. Instead of just using the B6..maybe it's another "B" that'll help. That feels like a good next route option. :flower:

HCG supplements specifically <--:grr:

I take 100mg of B complex and can't rave enough; on the other hand, Indigo went up to 100mg from 50mg and had her longest cycle yet.

If this cycle is good to use as an example, you do not need to lengthen your LP at all.

I take 100mg of B complex and can't rave enough; on the other hand, Indigo went up to 100mg from 50mg and had her longest cycle yet.

If this cycle is good to use as an example, you do not need to lengthen your LP at all.

O, yeah- I think mine is fine.:hugs: Just opening a point of discussion for ladies like Googly, etc.:thumbup: We ALL need to be off this TTC train sooner than later!

Well then, if we are having a discussion, let me also throw this out there...

For those who have chosen to supplement before seeing a doctor, I totally get it and have done so myself in the past; word of warning:

Your new doctor needs to be told every supplement you have tried, even though you may choose not to take meds, his/her recommendations will be made from whatever info you provide and supplements can affect the efficacy of medications.

Also, some docs might not be as willing to work with you until they have seen a natural cycle or two bc he/she will be convinced that your issues are caused by supplementation.

I hope whatever path one chooses for TTC is successful and I know we all want the fast BFP, but just like one has to look at the big picture when choosing to or not to raise children, TTC works the same way. :hugs:

Fx'd for all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->