So impatient to tell!!

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
How did you all cope with waiting to tell family and friends that you are expecting?(if you waited)

With DS I told everyone within days of getting that BFP. With this one, DH and I decided to wait until after the first ultrasound. I'm about to go insane not telling my family! Posting on here takes the edge off a bit, but I'm so excited and want to share! Come on June 16th!!! You can't get here soon enough! :happydance:

I talk on here and have 2 friends who have known we were TTC. Talking on here helps and the fact that nobody else knows we were TTC has majorly helped. Plus iv not gone to gp yet which makes it easier too. were planning on keeping quiet till 20 weeks with friends and family. xx

We've told close family members but waiting to tell the others and friends till we've had the dating scan :flower:

I'm excited but at the same time, don't want all the fuss. But then do want the fuss! I'm so fickle lol.

We've told OH mum and dad now, as he works with his father, and kept sloping off with me to appointments.. Was getting a bit obvious. We had a little scare, so chose to tell them immediately after a scan we got :) makes life easier! And they were very happy.

I'm telling my parents next weekend as they are visiting!!! I'm excited and nervous!!!! I will probably try and Skype my bro and sis too.

Then I'm not telling anyone else till after my 12 weeks scan (In 2 weeks!). I suspect a few people in work might guess... Because I've been off and hate lying. But i will claim virus or something.

Oh and I told one friend early on as I was going mad with worry.

I totally know what you mean!!! We're over in Asia, so our work colleagues here know, but we're not telling family and friends back home until we fly back at 19-20 weeks...it's been so tough to keep it a secret! I want to blurt it out every time we Skype!! We did decide that DH and I could each tell our best friend...they don't live close to the rest of the fam and friends, so no worry about them blabbing, and if we feel like chatting about things, we both have one person besides each other to discuss things with (and my best friend just had her first LO in February, so she's been great to chat with!)

I told my three best friends, which definitely helps. When I need to talk to someone, I can talk to them or my husband (or you guys!). We plan on telling my parents this weekend (maybe), and everyone else after our 12 week scan (June 11).

We're kind of enjoying keeping it our little secret for now. Once everyone knows there's going to be so much fuss, advice, and and other craziness. I'm sure I'll enjoy that too, but it's nice having some time where DH and I can just enjoy the pregnancy quietly without all the external drama. ..if that makes any sense.

I decided to tell mom and MIL. Haven't told anyone else other than DH. We have had so many losses, we decided this time to wait until 2nd tri to tell. Its hard, but then I think about the fact that it is harder still to announce a miscarriage, so I am able to keep my trap shut.

I told the moms because they are my biggest emotional support. They know not to get their hopes up yet. And I come here to talk. And DH is my best buddy so I can talk to him all I want.

It is easy for me to hold it in. This is only because the people that I did tell live with me, and I spend most of my time with them anyway. The part of the family that we did not tell (DH's family) I do not know that well so it makes it easier to wait. I do have to say it is pretty hard for me when it comes to my own family. I completely disowned them a few years ago and sometimes find it hard knowing they will never really know much of anything.

I told my Mom at 5 weeks because I really needed her support if things went bad. We told his parents at 7 weeks after the first check up.
I told a few girls at work, mainly because they told me they were pregnant lol! It's great to have someone to talk about these things with at work, and helps that they're pretty close friends as well!
I did tell another friend at 6 weeks, I started spotting and she knew about my past and helped me through it.
We told our siblings after the 12 week scan, yesterday. My sister was ecstatic, and his sisters were less excited than I had hoped they would be.
I'm afraid DH took that a bit hard, he was so excited and I think he had hoped for the same shrills of excitement we got from my sister :(
(I think they realize we, or our baby will now be the center of the attention and make way for new grandchild! They won't be having any more kids, it's our turn now)

I actually ended up caving and told my family last night :) They are all pretty excited. MY mom thought it was great that I was due on her birthday. She is the only one in the whole family who was born in January, and now there will be another! I will probably still wait a little bit before telling most of my friends. My best friend will find out today :D

HAHA I literally told everyone like an hour after we got a BFP

When I told my mum she told half the time. So when I came out from seeing Eclipse (the twlight movie) I had the awkward moment of my friend's mum congratulating me and my friends just looking at me for answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->