So it wasn't "all baby"...

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
I gained 3 stone during pregnancy but seemed to only gain any noticeable weight on my bump. I measured spot on for my dates until 36 weeks when I started dipping and at 41 weeks I was 38cm so assumed my weight gain wasn't too horrific.

However, after giving birth to a mere 6lb 14oz baby with little amniotic fluid, I only lost a stone and a half so I still have a stone and a half to lose and breast feeding doesn't seem to be helping in the slightest, in fact I've gained 2lbs!!

I was originally going to try generally 'healthy eating' but I've decided I need to calorie count to make sure I'm getting enough but not too much. I'm using www.sparkpeople.com as I lost 2 stone with them before by calorie counting and exercising so hoping I can do it again.

I've measured myself and I seem to have put on weight evenly, I've gained the same inches on my hips as on my chest so they're still identical to each other so at least I still have my hourglass figure, and I've gained quite a lot on my waist and stomach and still have my flabby baby belly so going to do my pregnancy DVD (that I never opened... :blush:) until I get the OK at my 6 week check to start the Wii Fit and more intense fitness DVDs. I'm also going to aim to get some walking in, I still haven't bothered to leave the house yet on my own with baby.

So yeah, next week is the big turnaround and hopefully I'll get somewhere with sticking to 1750 calories, light exercise, and breast feeding. I'd love to be down to my pre-pregnancy weight by Christmas but if it doesn't happen at least I know I'm getting fitter/healthier if nothing else. My ultimate aim is to be 9 stone by his 1st birthday but I'd be happy to hit 10stone by then to be at my pre-pregnancy weight (I'm 11stone 9lbs now I think).

Wish me luck!! :happydance:

Thanks girls! Went for a walk and have stuck to calories today so so far so good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->