So it's both of us then!

mama.mouse

Reaction score
So DH went for the test finally because it has been taking us a while to fall pregnant and his results came back with a total sperm count of only 40 million and 22% motility. What are the changes that we are both under 30 with low AMH and low sperm? I mean throw us a freaking bone here.

Anyway, have any of you ladies has any experience in the above who can suggest any natural/herbal treatments or had any success with improvement? :)

He can probably improve his diet/increase his exercise levels/stop smoking if he does and avoid hot things on his lap. If any of these are a problem, anyhow. If he fixes an issue, he might see improvement in sperm quality in 2-3 months.

For you, if you are tracking your cycle, you probably know how long your LP is. If it's short, (<= 10 days) you might consider vitex. If you're having trouble O-ing, I'm not sure if clomid will help with low AMH. For endo, I don't know that there are lifestyle changes that will help. It's mostly surgery to remove implants/fix blockages that I read about. The above I mentioned for your husband may also help you though. Better diet, exercise, quitting smoking. If you're going to O on your own, you'll have better odds of doing so if you are a healthy weight.

I agree with everything PP said. I have my OH on a strict vitamin regiment for sperm health. To be fair, he did not have an SA until after taking these for 5 months but he works with chemicals and was a heavy smoker for 15 years so I was concerned that his semen quality was not going to be great. Plus he was having like 4 drinks a night which can be bad for sperm. He cut down to two drinks/night, quit smoking and wears protective covering at work. Daily he takes Maca, 1000mg vitamin C, vitamin D, folic acid, multi, b complex, vitamin E, selenium, omega 3. When he had his SA he had great count and motility with %4 morphology (low end of normal). I bought a pill organizer for him and organize his pills every weekend, I set an alarm on his cell so her remembers to take his pills after breakfast. It takes about 3 months for sperm to finish generating and for positive change to take effect.

I am so sorry for your troubles. This may sound conspiracy theory-ish but I think that all of the chemicals we grew up with in our food and home products is impacting our fertility. In general men's sperm health in developed countries has greatly declined. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on updates. Oh, I order all of my vitamins from Swanson's online because they have good deals.

I also agree with checking into vitamins. I've read that they can help pretty dramatically sometimes!

Vitamin C is really helpful for men because it prevents the sperm from clumping together

and Zinc helps raise testosterone in men

Also look into vitamins for you! The B vitamins are great for womens fertility and cycle regulation. Grab a B50 so you get a good selection of all the B vitamins.

Thanks ladies! Our doctor recommended something called Prelox for overall sperm health so gonna definitely get him back on that (He was on it in November/December). The man also loves scorching hot baths so he is going to hate me but going to have to cut that out, he is very sad about that because it is winter here now lol He has sober habits and doesn't smoke at all. I stopped smoking and am keeping fit and healthy. Nothing we can do to increase AMH levels though but do have 3 rounds of clomid left before doc says we must look into IVF. Going to try and see a homeopath also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->