SO/IUI Advice needed! No response on Assisted Conception forum, can you gals help? :-

Coastdreams

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Hope you are all well and keeping positive!

I was active on the Clomid area of these forms at the beginning of last year but everything got on top of me so I had to step back for a while!!

Unfortunately the Clomid didn’t work out for me as it thinned my womb lining too much and I’m now at the latter end of my first Superovulation/IUI cycle.

My Hubby and I are in our 30’s (I’m 36) and have been trying for over 4 years now. We have had all the tests and the conclusion is that I’m not ovulating but everything else (touch wood!!) is ok. Because my womb etc is all ok my Consultant advised doing the Superovulation but without the IUI part as they don’t think we need it. They have said that if after two tries I’m not pregnant we can switch to add the IUI aswell.

As I said earlier, I am at the latter end of our first go, I am due to do a Pregnancy test on Thursday but I know it will be negative as I’m currently bleeding and it’s a full on period. The nurses have said to ignore any bleeding as it doesn’t mean it hasn’t worked but I can’t see how it’s possible to be pregnant and have such a big bleed?!!

I was wondering if anyone has heard of having a big bleed and still having a BFP? I’m also struggling to find any info on anyone else having superovulation without the IUI, do you reckon this is normal? As we had a few months break between the clomid and S-OV I was feeling really positive when I started this first cycle, our first BD day was Xmas day so we were sure we were getting a Christmas baby! Now I’m bleeding I’m once again feeling negative. I’m really worried that by not doing the IUI part our already slim chances with IUI are even more reduced!!

My Husband says I should trust what the Consultants are saying but I could really so with chatting to other people about this? I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice or experience on any of this? I’ve never fallen pregnant before so I don’t know if I should switch to the IUI on my second round rather than wait till the third, at least I’ll know the sperm are getting to where they should be!

I also wondered if anyone had any advice about the IUI part? Is it painful? I found the HSG really bad!!

Thanks Ladies, any advice or comment would be much appreciated.

Best of luck and Baby Dust to you all!

C

xx

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are all well and keeping positive!

I was active on the Clomid area of these forms at the beginning of last year but everything got on top of me so I had to step back for a while!!

Unfortunately the Clomid didn’t work out for me as it thinned my womb lining too much and I’m now at the latter end of my first Superovulation/IUI cycle.

My Hubby and I are in our 30’s (I’m 36) and have been trying for over 4 years now. We have had all the tests and the conclusion is that I’m not ovulating but everything else (touch wood!!) is ok. Because my womb etc is all ok my Consultant advised doing the Superovulation but without the IUI part as they don’t think we need it. They have said that if after two tries I’m not pregnant we can switch to add the IUI aswell.

As I said earlier, I am at the latter end of our first go, I am due to do a Pregnancy test on Thursday but I know it will be negative as I’m currently bleeding and it’s a full on period. The nurses have said to ignore any bleeding as it doesn’t mean it hasn’t worked but I can’t see how it’s possible to be pregnant and have such a big bleed?!!

I was wondering if anyone has heard of having a big bleed and still having a BFP? I’m also struggling to find any info on anyone else having superovulation without the IUI, do you reckon this is normal? As we had a few months break between the clomid and S-OV I was feeling really positive when I started this first cycle, our first BD day was Xmas day so we were sure we were getting a Christmas baby! Now I’m bleeding I’m once again feeling negative. I’m really worried that by not doing the IUI part our already slim chances with IUI are even more reduced!!

My Husband says I should trust what the Consultants are saying but I could really so with chatting to other people about this? I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice or experience on any of this? I’ve never fallen pregnant before so I don’t know if I should switch to the IUI on my second round rather than wait till the third, at least I’ll know the sperm are getting to where they should be!

I also wondered if anyone had any advice about the IUI part? Is it painful? I found the HSG really bad!!

Thanks Ladies, any advice or comment would be much appreciated.

Best of luck and Baby Dust to you all!

C

xx

I cant help with the overstimulation part, as i never had that happen, but i can help with the IUI part as i have had 5 of them. The IUI's are totaly painless, its super easy and you dont feel a thing, its just like getting your normal pap test. I remember my first one i was so anxious, and after it was done i was like wow, ok this is cool, no pain at all. A couple of times i had a bit of cramping, kind of like af, it just depended on how many of the little guys they were putting in. Its nothing at all like the HSG thats for sure lol.

Thank you so much! that's made me feel loads better about the iui procedure. so sorry yout journey wasn't successful :-( xx

Does anyone else have any advice about the superovulation?

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->