so nervous\anxious\scared of labor.any advise??

Melisa1985

Reaction score
As my due date gets closer & closer I'm becoming extremely scared! driving myself insane with how scared and how much anxiety i have ( i suffer from anxiety as it is so its that much worse). i drive my husband crazy by always telling him how scared im & he doesnt know how to help me. im scared of panic attack when i go into labor, im scared of being alone when i first go into labor, by the time hubby gets to me its like 30-40min... hour with traffic. he took the last week from. 26th to 2nd off from work, but i could possibly go before that & i got no one : (.. im so scared of labor. am i being a big baby? any advisr to calm my nerves please??? the anticipation if it is driving me nuts. but im also so over being pregnant its so depressing towards the end right now. im nothing but miserable & time is dragging. every day is like a week : (

It is totally normal to be afraid of labour. It's painful and everyone knows that, and it's something you cannot control for either you or baby.

My advice would be to make a plan of how you would cope with labour when it comes. With a first baby you've usually got bags of time, so make a checklist of what you need to do - timing contractions, running a bath, putting bags by the door, eating something, phone calls you need to make etc. Make your birth plan of what you want for hubby to read and to give to the midwives (be realistic - ask for what you really want, don't be afraid of asking for help).

Make sure you have some energy snacks and some paracetamol in the cupboard ready too! This will really help as you'll be able to dose yourself up and boost your energy in the early stages.

Pack your bags and have them ready - repack them as many times as you need/like. This helped me, as it made me feel prepared.

I've done it twice. Both times I've gone well overdue (5 days with 1st, 10 days with 2nd) so by that time I was shouting at my bump to 'GET OUT!!!' - hormones are released in the lead up to labour and birth to get you ready to be able to do it. But, don't be afraid to let it all out. Shout and scream all you need to, shed a tear, do what you need to do to get you through.

My main tip - go with it. Don't fight the pain. Every contraction is one closer to seeing your LO. You can do it, and you WILL be fine.

Best of luck hun!! xxx :hugs:

Buy Effective birth Preperation by Maggie Howells and your fear will subside x

Effective birth preparation or the hypnobirthing book are excellent.
Labour is so much easier if you can relax and stay in control. Also try and keep away from negative or scary birth stories as they will make you more anxious! Type hypnobirth into YouTube and watch some wonderful calm labours. I was induced and had a great labour, I wish I could do it all over again!
You'll be just fine
Xxxx

Wss ^^^
it'll be ok just fill your head with positive stories and make some affirmations to read or watch some on YouTube. But a hypnobirhing book would probably really help you

I'm still away off but I'm scared stiff. I also suffer panic attacks. Also my hubby has had a very bad reoccurring dream which has made me fear worse, so I understand exactly how you feel :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->