So Shattered

247kay

Reaction score
I have known I wanted a home birth for ten years. When my husband and I began TTC I would dream of my perfect home birth. After 2 years TTC we finally got the BFP we had been praying for. I contacted a midwife a friend of mine uses and began seeing her. Everything was going smoothly until last Friday when I had a spell at work. I am nurse in the hospital and there was a Dr near by when I began to feel bad. I eneded up on the floor with him screaming to get me down to the ER and that my pulse was very faint. They were unable to get a blood pressure on me either. This all lasted about 20 minutes or so. I had been having weird spells for weeks and my midwife after this really bad spell decided it was too risky for me to have a home birth. Of course I am so devastated about this but to top it all off I have already paid her 1400 dollars!! I have only ever seen her 3 times and was paying her by a payment plan for the birth so that it would be paid before the baby came. I figured that since all we have done is three measly appointments that she would refund me some of the money. NOPE!! I am so hurt and upset by this whole situation: the loss of my dream birth, the loss of my money, and of course a possible cardiac issue affecting my pregnancy. :cry:

That is really wrong and sounds very suspicious if she is refusing to have you as a patient now but keeping the money. She hasn't provided the full service so she shouldn't be keeping all the money. Fair enough if she wants to keep some to cover her costs for the appointments but all of it seems very unfair.
I would tell her you will pursue legal action if you are not refunded most of the payments.

It really doesn't sound like a stress you need when you have possible cardiac issues to deal with.

That does not sound legit at all. I had a 18 wk mmc last year and had already paid for the full pregnancy's doctor care. They prorated me and sent me a refund on their own. I didn't even have to ask about it. What terrible service at such devastating time for you. Did you have any sort of contract?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->