So, so tired in second trimester!

NennaKay

Hubby, two girls,and NTNP #3.
Reaction score
Is anyone else just completely drained? I have trouble getting up with the alarm to go to work- thank goodness my job has flexible hours! And after lunch I am so tired... If my 2 year old naps I try to catch a few zzzzs too.

Then I get home and all I can muster is sitting on the couch and my poor OH has to make supper most nights. Ugh! Most days I get some cleaning done, but I'm in bed by 9p or 10p at the latest....

Where is that 2nd tri energy boost?

I'm there which you, I feel like it really hit me hard the last 2 weeks...I groan at the fast pace at work but it keeps me from nodding off at my desk! :haha:

*raises hand*
I've had the past 5 days off of work, and then worked 8.5 hours today. And wow was I exhausted.

At least I'm not alone! Although, I'm sorry you guys are stuck feeling the way I do!

I felt like you too, BUT at 20 weeks on the dot I found a bit more energy!! So there's hope :)

Me too. I just feel like I'll never have energy ever again!

Me too. I feel a lot of it is due to having a toddler to look after and finding it more difficult to sleep at night.

I always feel much more exhausted on my days off with my son than when I'm at work!

Exhausted here too! I feel it's running around after 3 boys! School holidays make things harder too! X

Same here. I actually had loads of energy in first tri. I hit 20 weeks and I'm drained. I think my 1yo drains the energy out of me also but I literally can't be bothered doing anything. I'm just so lethargic. My iron count is great too so nothing to do with that. Just feeling it this time

I take an extra iron supplement on top of my prenatal vitamin because my iron is naturally low, but this tiredness is ridiculous!

Wow I'm right there with all you ladies!!! Thought it was just me! My first pregnancy I only felt like this the first few weeks of the first tri but at 20 weeks I'm still taking 2 hour naps a day and getting 8-9 hours of a sleep a night!! I asked my dr about it at my most recent appt and she said just like some women experience sickness the entire time...some women will also experience tiredness the whole time. I like to look at it as our body's are preparing us for the lack of sleep we may not get once our babies come so we'll be all fueled up! :)

Yep same here. I get 7-8 hrs, but wake up like 3-4x a night to urinate. Everyday is just completely exhausting and to think before preg I was waking up at 4 am to workout. Now it's a struggle to wake up at 6. I'm so drained every single day and can't even have caffeine!!

it should pick up in a few weeks, if it doesn't it maybe worth getting your iron levels checked.
I had mine checked at 22 23 weeks because I was still tired, but I was also suffering with dizzy spells and a few spells where I felt like I was going to pass out. my midwife said that they don't tend to check them till around 30 weeks, butt because of my symptoms thought it was best to check them and it was a good job they did as as well as having low to very low blood pressure I am also anaemic

Yep! I feel like I've been exhausted since I saw those 2 little pink lines. I tried earlier nights or napping if/when my DD would allow it but the more sleep I get the worse I feel. Except now I'm going through a phase of waking up at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep and feel even more rubbish.

That being said I do have low blood pressure which exhausts me but I am starting to feel like I'm never going to feel rested ever again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->