So Stressed!

mummyosborne

Reaction score
I'm so stressed out at the moment, made worse by news today. But first a bit of background, My daughter has Cerebral Palsy, effecting her legs, her left arm, the muscles in her mouth and her hips. She finds walking difficult, but she's so stubborn that she always insists on walking herself and says pushchairs are for babies. Because of this it takes us FOREVER to get anywhere. Shes waiting for a wheelchair. Anyway, my parents got me a car for my birthday to make life easier, its nothing fancy just a little old fiesta, and im just about ready to sit my driving test, and my insurance company that im with on my provisional licence quoted me £4000 for when ive passed! and so i found a cheaper quote (Still over £2000) and the upfront deposit is £500! i dont have £500! i cant keep spending an hour and a half to go to the shop that is literally a 5 minute walk up the road. I can practically see it from my front door. Im just so annoyed, i thought 'only another month or so and ill be able to use the car' and now it looks like ill never be able to afford to pass my test and run it :(

Are you in the uk?! Surely you can get DLA and a mobility car to get your daughter around ? Maybe ring your local job centre And speak to them I think they are already insured you just have to pay for petrol ect xx

I was also going to suggest dla mobility. Ella should be entitled now she is over 3 and from what you describe there is no reason she shouldn't get high rate. You can then get a motability vehicle. Everything is covered, tax, insurance and servicing you just pay for the fuel x

Hi hun. My little girl has CP as well and is just learning to walk. I know exactly what you mean about it taking forever to get places on foot. I agree with with the other ladies about DLA. Programs here are a little different but you should be able to get some help. Thats a ridiculous price for insurance!

Thank you everyone for your responses. I posted off Ellas form for DLA mobility a few days ago as she is currently on middle rate care because i applied before her third birthday. I wasnt feeling very hopeful as i know the criteria for getting higher rate mobility are very strict and if im honest this would be the best outcome for ella because i could become part of the mobility scheme and then she wouldnt have to struggle walking anymore! Today her physiotherapist added a covering note to go with it so i can send that off aswell and it was very clear about ella struggling to walk far and how tired she gets so hopefully that will help her case. But on a down note i failed my theory test today as i just freaked out when i realised how much i have riding on this. Doing you driving lessons and tests are stressful anyway but knowing that if i can get driving ella will have such a better quality of life and will be able to join in a lot more was just too much pressure and i cracked. Not feeling very posative today. :(

Hugs xxxx hoping you get the mobility element!

If you do get awarded then the extra money can go on taxis in the mean time while you pass your test, dont worry yourself xxx

Aww hun :hugs: Just study up and try the test over again. Lots of ppl kinda freak out on tests, just try to relax before go in. Good luck with the DLA. And its really great that Ella wants to try walking on her own. Even if its impractical, it will serve her well as she ages. Sounds like a tough little girl.

there are things that can reduce your insurnace costs, like having a monitor in your car which restricts driving anti social hours and catches you if you speed. Ive never used one by my BIL, might be worth looking into while you wait for mobility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->