So uncomfortable already!

Rymel12

Reaction score
I'm just a little over 25 weeks with my second and starting maybe around two weeks ago I started to feel really uncomfortable. I'm much bigger in the belly this time around and im feeing the strain on my formerly petite body. Like, I've felt like I'm in the middle of third trimester and it's still three weeks away. Sleep is a crapshoot every night if it will happen or not and the bloating in my belly is really painful sometimes. I have been pretty open with this fact that this pregnancy has been miserable compared to my daughter's and I'm dreading third trimester even more as I know I will only get larger and more uncomfortable. I have been a little disapointed with my "carefree" second trimester. Anyone else around my gestation and super uncomfortable already?

I'm there, I have twins this time and am measuring about the same as 32 weeks in my first pregnancy. I have cubital and carpal tunnel in my arms, wrists and hands and it's so bad when I sleep they have pins & needles and throb. Apparently it's from water retention but I have no other signs of bloating ie ankles, feet, bump are all normal. So I drink lots of coconut water and regular water and decaf herbal tea during the day and avoid sodium to avoid bloat.

My back is very sore and tight from lifting DD all the time with this big belly. I think part of this is why I have cubital tunnel syndrome (cubital originates from the back and goes down the elbow feeling like you've got tennis elbow).

Between the throbbing arms, I tossed and turned last night in between the wake up cries from DD. She's just turned 1 and getting her 3rd molar in 3 weeks and has bronchitis. We had 2 birthday parties for her in Oct (her family/friends party and a baby & birth group party) and she contracted bad colds from both parties...while teething. So if it isn't my hands and arms driving me from sleep it's my poorly DD. She passed her cold onto me last week so we've both been struggling.

I also have GD which is a pain but I kind of see it as a good thing at the same time. I get really sick eating sugary carby foods which spike insulin (rice/bread/soups/noodles/and don't even talk to me about ice cream or candy) so I've managed to keep my weight down. I have major head hunger but it creates such a bad feeling and rotty mouth that I just don't go there. I need protein with every meal and if having fruit have to have protein first to curb the sugar spike. So I'd love to eat normally again and enjoy food but it's been the one thing that keeps my weight in really good check with both of these pregnancies.

I complain a little but really I'd do this all over again for another pregnancy. Anything for family!! Only another 3.5 months, hang in there.

I'm just a little over 25 weeks with my second and starting maybe around two weeks ago I started to feel really uncomfortable. I'm much bigger in the belly this time around and im feeing the strain on my formerly petite body. Like, I've felt like I'm in the middle of third trimester and it's still three weeks away. Sleep is a crapshoot every night if it will happen or not and the bloating in my belly is really painful sometimes. I have been pretty open with this fact that this pregnancy has been miserable compared to my daughter's and I'm dreading third trimester even more as I know I will only get larger and more uncomfortable. I have been a little disapointed with my "carefree" second trimester. Anyone else around my gestation and super uncomfortable already?

I could have written your post! I am just a little over 23 weeks and I know that I am bigger in the belly this time! I too am petite and feel like my belly gets in the way so much. My pregnancy with daughter was not perfect BUT I absolutely enjoyed second trimester with her. This time I've had issues on and off and I dont feel nearly as great. Running behind an almost 5 y.o doesnt help! So yeah, uncomfortable is the norm these days!

Are any of you ladies pregnant with boys? With my daughter I was very small... you could barely tell I was pregnant... gained exactly 25 pounds.. the pregnancy was very easy as far as not feeling quite so uncomfortable... but with my next pregnancy I was super uncomfortable and felt huge... but that time was a boy.. this time around I'm pregnant (25 weeks on Wednesday) with another boy and I'm expecting that same uncomfortable feeling and extra weight gain... not sure if it does have anything to do with gender... hope the you find some relief and comfort soon ladies...!

I'm having a boy. I have heard the boy pregnancies are supposed to be easier cause of less hormones but I haven't witnessed this personally. I too have noticed that people with boys as their second child seem a lot bigger in the belly. Interesting. I just assumed you get bigger faster with the second in general but boys really seem to bring on the belly!

I'm having a boy. I have heard the boy pregnancies are supposed to be easier cause of less hormones but I haven't witnessed this personally. I too have noticed that people with boys as their second child seem a lot bigger in the belly. Interesting. I just assumed you get bigger faster with the second in general but boys really seem to bring on the belly!

From someone who's done 7 ivf's, the hormones stay the same (doctors measure them through pregnancy with some women) as they function to support your pregnancy, boy or girl. As you age though, the only difference is you may need progesterone support and your testosterone dips off. The testosterone has an effect as it decreases with age of making babies more 'baby faced', especially males. Think Brad Pit or Zac Efron compared to a real masculine-looking actor like Kevin Costner, Michael Douglas, or Willem Dafoe. Maybe boys weigh more genetically hence the bigger bump, but there's no difference hormonally.

I am in the same boat! 25 weeks today and omg so uncomfortable already. Between sciatica, SPD pain and my ever growing uterus making it harder and harder to breath. Oh and let's add in the fun of Braxton hicks. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel moving into third tri. This is my third baby (it's a boy). Di I mention the exhaustion? I didn't feel like this with my girls until later on I've been chalking it up to the fact that I didn't work while pregnant with my girls but work a full time job (I'm a nurse) with this pregnancy.

15 weeks left give or take a little :haha:

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow, first pregnancy, having a girl, also petite and also suffering. I feel absolutely massive, I'm having trouble getting up off the sofa unaided and sleep is definitely touch-and-go. My stomach feels strained all the time and my back is killing me. First trimester was a nightmare for me, second tri started off really well but in the last few weeks has crashed and burned.

Am 24 weeks with my 4th!! And my back is shot! I've been waking up with cramps all over and I can hardly move sometimes due to bottom of my back clicking !
Am a nurse so just have to put up with it but I defo feel 34 weeks not 24 !!!!! Z

Me! I was so looking forward to the second trimester this time around but it has been absolutely horrible. With my daughter I wasn't actually miserable until much later into the 3rd trimester. This pregnancy the miserable feeling started at about 14 weeks with SPD and has only gotten worse. I'm dreading the third tri

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->