So what goes on at the pre-op apt?

daopdesign

Mummy to 3 wonderful boys
Reaction score
Section booked for 6th June but have a pre-op apt on the 5th. Any ideas what they will do or is it just to advise me of the procedure and not to eat or drink anything?

Does anyone know how long before I can't eat anything coz I get real moody when hungry!!

Had a section last time but was an emergency!!

My section is booked for 1st June and I have to go to maternity ward on 31st May for a blood thinning injection then home until the next morning fasting from midnight only. The registrar who booked me in has given me additional notes for my file which tell me what will happen.

Oh she also said not to touch my bikini area as a midwife would do it on the morning of my section (but I think all hospitfalls have different policies on this)

Good luck not long now

I have my pre-op tomorrow, so i'll let you know!

I have my pre op this afternoon so will update when I get back xx

Hi, so pre op

We had a group talk, everyone due to be done this week, from the physio, theatre nurse and anesthetist

Physio last basically showed us some exercises, explained how to lift and carry etc and gave some advice about supporting your back, not to drive etc etc,
Nurse explained exactly what happens on the day, options like if dad wants to cut the cord, see baby born, if you want to bring music etc
Anesthetist explained the spinal block, the drip, risks and how they check your numb etc

Then we were all in the waiting room and called in individually to see midwife, who did weight, bloods, forms and any questions plus gave me loads of leaflets about visiting times and what to bring etc
Then into anesthetist who answered any questions, gave me the antacids to take the night before and just asked a few bits of medical history regarding previous generals / epidurals / spinal etc and asked about any reactions etc

That was it! x

My pre op was just my family and me. My weight was checked, blood pressure, was given steroid injections as joshua was coming early, met my surgeon and anesthetist who explained what they were going to do. Had to do swabs for mrsa. Given my tablets for next day. I couldn't eat from midnight, and couldn't drink from 6am, Joshua was delivered at 11.27, so quite awhile without eating!! I also had a tour of the nicu as we knew he'd be going straight there and met the paeds team. Was given some forms to sign, and leaflets explaining the procedure as well.

After my c section is when I met the physio at excersises, etc, and taught how to self inject the blood thinner. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->