So who was diagnosed with placenta previa at 20 weeks and now gone?

MrsLQ

3 boys and a cat <3
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with placenta previa today... Hopefully it will move in the next 12 weeks!!!

A c-section is my worst nightmare for various reasons (I want a home birth or at least birthing centre).

Looking for ANY experience of this whether it moved or not etc : )

I had partial placenta previa with DD, it had moved up by 32 weeks :)

From what I've read, there is a decent chance unless its completely covering the cervix.

My last pregnancy, and this one. Moved out of the way by about 28 weeks.

Not me - but a friend of mine had it and hers moved. She ended up having to have an emergency c-section but for a totally different reason.

I had a low lying placenta at 24wks (I think it was 24wks). All out of the way now. I think a LOT of the time it does migrate out of the way. I wouldn't worry about it yet Hun. :flower: x

I had a low lying placenta at 18 weeks and was in the clear by 22 weeks. It's very common for it to move. Good luck!

Yeh i did and had scan at 32weeks and my placenta has moved up loads to above my belly button i was amazed how much its moved so was my midwife

I have a scan to check my placenta position at 32 weeks and my Midwife said she is 99% certain it will have moved up by then.

Original poster did yours move? At my 18 week ultrasound said I had low lying placenta I go next week at 28 weeks to see if it moved no bleeding no pain hoping it did they say 90 percent do hope yours did to

With 1st daughter my placenta completely covered my cervix at 26 weeks - os was bang in the middle so unlikely that it would move enough. By 36 weeks it had migrated up and the edge of placenta was just under 1cm away. I still needed a section as it hadn't moved enough but I guess if mine can move that much in 10 weeks, you have a good chance of yours moving enough in 18 weeks.
Good luck

Annie thanks for sharing your story

any day now :) your due must be exciting

my friend was told she would probably be having a c section for this reason but she had a scan again at 36 weeks and it had moved out of the way so she's looking forward to a straightforward birth now

good luck x

Hi I was told I had Placenta Previa (Posterior) at 20 weeks. At 22 weeks I had to stay in Hospital due to a bleed that they say is common with PP. At my 32 week scan last week my Placenta had moved a few cm's but not enough so I am due to have another scan at 36 weeks to see if it has moved further. It is worrying especially when I had the bleed, but as they say in most cases it does move. I will keep you posted, good luck :thumbup:

Hi I was told I had Placenta Previa (Posterior) at 20 weeks. At 22 weeks I had to stay in Hospital due to a bleed that they say is common with PP. At my 32 week scan last week my Placenta had moved a few cm's but not enough so I am due to have another scan at 36 weeks to see if it has moved further. It is worrying especially when I had the bleed, but as they say in most cases it does move. I will keep you posted, good luck :thumbup:

Good luck Hun hope it moves for you my scan is next week to see if it moved prayers for us:hugs:

I had my scan last week and mine had moved well out of the way.

I had this issue too, found at my 16 week scan. I had an ultrasound every 3 weeks after that and was put on pelvic rest. Finally at 28 weeks it had moved! My doctor explained that its like a balloon... If you have one deflated and put a mark on it and blow it up that mark doesn't move but it gets higher as the balloon fills with air. As the uterus expands the same thing happens with the placenta hopefully pushing it up high enough out of the way for a natural birth.

Awesome ladies happy for you ladies it moved awesome! Thanks for sharing will find out we'd if mine does staying hopefull

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->