so worried about returning to work

musicjunkiee

Reaction score
i currently work a full time 8.30 - 5.30 contract mon-fri.

i ifnish in late march and am really worried about if theyll accept me back part time.

i know its based on what the business needs etc. i dont wanna be demanding and ask for specific days times etc, i'd do ANY 25 hours.

but what if they cant accommodate?

i know its ages away but its playing on my mind. i have mentioned it to my TL and she understands but says they cant do anything yet as its around 11 months away yet!

It's good to discuss it when you talk about when you're leaving date is and when you're likely to return.
They have to consider it seriously and also have a very good business reason not to allow it.
Can you see a reason it can't be job shared?
Xx

i cant, its just therell be a few others part time and im just so worried that unless i return part time they wont be able to accommodate :-(

i dont see why not, im just a worry wart and would love to be able to sort it out and put it to back of my mind, but i know a year away is way too early to agree my hours as they have no idea whatll be going on then x

When your baby arrives, it'll be the last thing on your mind! :)

Seriously though, this is my experience of returning to work. Pre-baby, I hated my job and worked very long hours, couldn't see a way of it working part-time. When my baby was newborn I'd wake up in a cold sweat worrying about work. But as the months passed and I changed as a person and it became clear what mine and baby's needs were, I made a note of everything I wanted from work and thought if they agreed to one of the three things I was asking, that'd be fine.

To my shock, they agreed to all three. Work is so much better now and although tiring, it's working just fine juggling motherhood and work. By law, they have to at least offer you a job within the company, if not your old job (depending on how many weeks into maternity leave that you return)

Thanks for ur kind words. I going to try not to think about it until I'm allowed to make a request. I feel I'm being as flexible as possible for needing a number of hours and I am wiling to work any days or times they need. I'll just keep looking forward to meeting our little boy and see what happens I think xxx

Please don't ruin any of your upcoming maternity leave worrying about this. Although I know that's easier said than done. I'm self employed and face the prospect of my main client finding someone else to replace me for good, but I can't worry about that and won't know until next March if I have a job to return to, so I know how you feel.

From what you've said everything should be fine for you to return to your company and you sound like you are willing to be flexible etc so they be mad not to welcome you back! Please just relax and enjoy looking forward to meeting your LO and time away from work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->