So Worried...please send me your input!

GiGi2013

Reaction score
My daughter is 32 weeks + 2-she went into preterm labor last week, spent a couple of nights in L & D...she went home with steroid shots, procardia every 4 hours and strict bed rest. We went back today for a recheck and she is only measuring 29 weeks, the midwife mentioned low fluid, but only felt her belly, no ultrasound. The midwife said the baby looks fine, see you in a week and a half...but to keep up "what she's been doing"...her cervix is shorter when they pushed on it. If she's "FINE"...then why keep up the procardia, is her fluid low or not, and why stay on bed rest, if everything looks good. HELP PLEASE!

We are so worried, none of this happened with my first grandchild...so this is all really scary! :wacko:

Without an ultrasound (even with one actually) it can be very hard to tell measurements it doesn't really mean much. My friend just delivered at 34+1 weeks and her baby was perfectly healthy just needed to gain a little weight! So try not to panic. Bed rest is smart because "over doing it" can put her back into labor. You want that baby to stay at least till 36 weeks of you can! Good luck to your family!

I would think as long as the heartbeat was fine the baby should be fine, too. They must have checked that before they send her home?

Without an ultrasound (even with one actually) it can be very hard to tell measurements it doesn't really mean much. My friend just delivered at 34+1 weeks and her baby was perfectly healthy just needed to gain a little weight! So try not to panic. Bed rest is smart because "over doing it" can put her back into labor. You want that baby to stay at least till 36 weeks of you can! Good luck to your family!

Thank you so much, her midwife said if she makes it to 34 weeks she would be very happy....and very surprised, that's why they went ahead and gave her the steroid shots. I appreciate you responding....scary stuff :)

I would think as long as the heartbeat was fine the baby should be fine, too. They must have checked that before they send her home?

Yes, they listened and it was it's "normal" 150's...thank you for responding!

The fundal height measurement isn't exact.. Also I don't think they can tell her cervix is short without an ultrasound so I'm not sure what that's about!

Fingers crossed for you. Make sure she is drinking a ton of water as if her waters are low she'll need to replenish and dehydration can cause contractions.

thank you....I have been keeping the water cup full!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->