Soapnuts.....

Mum22GTTC

Reaction score
What do use with them to make your washing smell.....well clean??

I got the sample from the soapnuts website, the first wash I was impressed with - I added some lavender & it smelt ok. Not as nice as usual washing, but for the price it would cost I was happy.

However I then did another wash (load of dark clothes, mainly mine & DH's), did the same with the lavender & they have came out stinking of horrible damp dirty clothes :nope:

I've had to wash them all again with my usual persil & they still have a funny smell to them now.

If our clothes come out smelling like that - what on earth will cloth nappies smell like :wacko:

I only wash nappies with soapnuts, I use Ariel for everything else, not because of the smell but because of stain removal. I simply don't have the energy to go through and soak/Vanish/whatever everything that gets marked, I don't mind doing the nappies but just want to shove the clothes in and not think about it. I might start, though, because I actually like the soapnut smell, to me is is very fresh and clean, and now prefer it to the heavily scented regular detergent smell. I did a strip wash with Ariel on some nappies the other week and even after about 10 rinses they smelled really strongly of perfume. I think it's just what you're used to, though.

maybe your machine was too full hun

i agree with mary jo, but i do a poopy load (teething means i have enough for a machine full of poopy nappies!) with my bold 2 in 1 and the wee load with SN, that way they all get washed with SN at some point and i dont have to worry about stains, it smells fresh, the SN do have a bit of scent to them if im honest

That could be it, I do have a habit of packing the washing machine until it's bursting :blush:

I use soapnuts for nappies and 'lightly worn clothes', most things get washed in Simply Eco stuff, but I only ever use half the recommended amount (unless its OH's work clothes). Same with fabric softener too, I use less then the bottle says and everything still comes out clean and smells nice. I hate the really over perfumed stuff, as long as it smells 'clean' I dont need it to smell like flowers or anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->