Softcups :)

xLisax

Max & Evies Mummy :)
Reaction score
Is anyone planning to use or have previously used them? :flower:

Saw the thread in Girly Sanctuary about finding them hard to remove and I think Id panic :blush: but would love to give them a go as have heard lots of good, positive stories for past users! :thumbup:

What are your thoughts on them?

xxx

i used them to get my bfp with callum and will be using them again next time.
they arent that hard to remove but you do have to get your finger right in.

This might sound stupid... but what are they exactly?

I am using softcups for af right now, it's my frist time trying them, they are a little hard to get out but i find if u sorta push like your gonna poo LOL they come out real easy :) I am gonna try using them after we do the Bd his month as well, to keep the little guys in there lol

I just started using them and I love them.Kinda odd to remove but other than that,I love them.I've been using them this cycle and I strongly recommend them.

Mandaa, they are little cups that sit just inside the vagina..they were created to use for periods, but now couples use them when TTC, they pool the sperm to help hold it around the cervix :thumbup:

Im a worrier, so had visions of me rushing to A&E with a wedged Softcup!! :haha:

xxx

Ginmas link is a more accurate description! :blush: :rofl:

So, are they re-usable? :shrug: Or do you have to buy lots?

xx

This is also going to sound like a silly question...

If they are made for menstruation, wouldn't they prevent sperm getting to the cervix? I mean if they are designed to hold blood and prevent it from being released?

Or are these special ones with a hole for sperm? Sorry if I'm being really daft!

you put them in after the sperm hun to keep it in.

i think only the diva cup is re useable.

OHHH! that makes so much more sense!

Sorry I knew it was a daft question :dohh:

I've been having alot of these brainless days lately. I think broodiness is melting my braincells :wacko:

Hahahahah I would love to try them but I can just imagine turning up at the local GP going "It's stuck" :cry:

I'm not intending to use them until I have been trying for a while, if nothing is happening then maybe I will look and interventions like soft cups or that lubricant that is supposed to be really good in aiding conception.. (can't remember the name of it!)

I haven't thought about using Softcups to help with TTC but like Plutosblue says if things aren't happening for us after a time then I certainly would - I'm sure there comes a point where you'll try anything!

However, I have this weekend just bought a Mooncup in preparation for my periods starting again when I come off the pill.. is it wrong that I'm a teensy bit excited by this :blush: ?

Has anyone used a Mooncup for TTC in the same way that you would use Softcups?

Hi girls, I just had to pop in when I saw the thread title :D

I had an ectopic pregnancy last sept/oct and had to take a 3 month break from TTC after that. We began trying again on 1st January. 2 cycle went by with no BFP :nope: so for the 3rd month I thought I'd go all out! We used softcups and conceive plus together and lo and behold I got my BFP! I know it could have been a coincidence but I'm not so sure. So please do give them a go, they are worth a shot. I never had any problems taking them out - just bear down and pull with your finger - simples! Good luck girls! I would recommend soft cups to anyone!

Thank You Kimmy! I think I'll definitely give them a go!! :thumbup:
Congratulations on your :bfp: too!! :hugs:

Kimmy, sorry to sound stupid :blush: but how does a softcup differ from a mooncup?

:hugs:

From what I've heard the softcup is a little shallower so it holds the swimmers closer to your cervix than a mooncup. Softcups aren't reusable either but I think I got a box of 5 or 6 for £6 from access diagnostics. I also put a little drop of conceive plus into the softcup before inserting it. Good luck hun!

sorry to sound stupid :blush: but how does a softcup differ from a mooncup?

I think (though someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Softcups are disposable whereas a Mooncup is reuseable :shrug:

Ohhh I see! :thumbup: Thank you! Are the mooncups more expensive then?

:hugs:

Well I've just googled it and found a mooncup for £17. I used 5 softcups for one cycle at a price of £6. I'm no expert on Mooncups though as I've never used them x

i think the re usable ones tend to be deeper so the sperm is pooled away from the cervix, where as the soft cups are kind of like a bag and i found they stick around the cervix keeping the sperm right where it needs to be. i have heared people getting bfps with the re usable ones though.

i used them with pre seed and concieved on my second cycle. i really would reccomend them. my friend also concieved on her second cycle using them, as she was 39 she thought it would take her a while to fall on and is convinced these helped her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->