Solid Bump

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondered if anyone elses bump has its moments of feeling solid? My bump starts off soft in the morning and come 10am onwards its rock solid. So far today ive had 2 cups of water, 2 cups of tea, 1 banana, 1 yoghurt and 1 bowl of cereal. Im about to eat a tuna wrap as im hungry and its lunchtime. However, I know after ive eaten the wrap I will be uncomfortable.

I can understand that it may be caused by eating and bloating but this happens whether im hungry or not! I can eat a little or a lot and its still rock solid.

Ive been to the loo so its not constipation or anything like that. Could it be due to the fact I have a desk job and sit down all day? I dont know!

Thanks!

Maybe, its very uncomfy though. Wrap eaten and I have aches and pains on the fat between my boobs and my bump.

I always get solid times too.

I always put it down to the baby's back laying against my front.

The pains on top of your bump could be baby in your ribs. I read that sitting down all day can make it worse!

I got them last week after a day at work n they only stopped once I laid out flat x

Is it constantly hard, or does it go hard for a minute or so and then back to normal? If so it might be Braxton Hicks - I find them pretty uncomfortable (not painful) but everything feels a bit strained and pressured and I feel a bit 'off' when they are happening.

I get some days where I get loads of them, sometimes in pretty quick succession. Sounds like it might be what you're having?

My bump is always rock hard solid, so much so that when people touch my stomach they make comments and sometimes even gasp! I also think it might be position of the baby and the fact that I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, and I get the same feeling of being stuffed and uncomfortable after lunch. I find that getting up and walking around at least once an hour really really helps :)

Na its not BH, I get them too but only low down. This is my whole bump being solid all day, which is worse after I eat. Its mainly achey where my bra strap is, think im going to have to invest in a non-underwired bra. It just feels like ive eaten a whale or something!

Meant2bamom, thats exactly it!
Sarah, laying flat makes it better for me too yeah. Wish I could get to a bed about now!

Hey suffolk - I get this a bit too and def recommend the non-underwired bra, I was getting really uncomfy by my ribs a week or so ago and this has helped a lot and isn't digging in nearly as much. M&S have a good selection (although they aren't the most attractive things I have every worn!!)

I get the same feeling if I am in the car seat for a long time!

Have you tried reclining your office chair a bit more so you are opening your abdomen a bit more? Or possibly put a cushion or back support behind your bum to push it out a bit so you can lean back?
Reclining slightly definately makes eating more comefy for me!

I get something similar at the top of my bump, although I worked out today its munchkins head (she must have a stretch as it gets quite sore!) the rest of my bump is soft and squishy!

Sitting down at my desk all day definitely makes it worse, especially after I've eaten so I can only assume its munchkin fighting my stomach for some room! Although I've discovered LO doesnt like me leaning forward at all now, whether its in work, eating or even camped over the sewing machine!

Sitting back in my chair definitely helps!

Regarding your bra (tee hee!) - definitely get a non underwired one. I've ditched the nice ones and I'm now in maternity bras (completely wire free) and they are so much more comfy! My mum got me some normal ones and some night time ones (more of a crop top than anything) and the night time ones are so comfy I wear them during the day! Just enough support so my boobs aren't round my knees but not too much that it hurts. I got mine in Mothercare but I've seen similar ones in Asda (just without nursing clips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->