Solids after milk makes my baby sick!

lolalei3

Mum of one gorgeous girl
Reaction score
So I have heard you should do milk before solids so this morning lo had her bottle then an hour later I tried feeding her baby porridge mixed with the milk and she threw up everywhere! So I guess she's better with the solids before milk as we had no problems doing that apart from she would still be hungry for her milk which is a good thing, anyone do solids before milk? How long do you wait before giving the milk?

I think that's fine, just keep the same distance either direction. So if it was an hour after bottle, do an hour before the bottle to keep her from getting sick. If she still ends up getting sick though, maybe its a sensitivity to that food?

I should have mentioned that she suffers quite badly from reflux, she's on meds which help but she still gets bouts of it. I have tried giving it to her 2hrs after bottle which makes it 2hrs before but that often clashes with nap time! Ahhh why is this stuff so hard!! Tempted to just keep her on milk for now and offer food once per day

As long as she's getting the same amount of milk, I don't see a problem. It's much better for her not to get sick.

I should have mentioned that she suffers quite badly from reflux, she's on meds which help but she still gets bouts of it. I have tried giving it to her 2hrs after bottle which makes it 2hrs before but that often clashes with nap time! Ahhh why is this stuff so hard!! Tempted to just keep her on milk for now and offer food once per day

I started my lo on cereal because of reflux and I give the cereal first and she still drinks the rest of her bottle afterwards. The only reason it's said to give the milk first is because the milk (bm or f) is more important nutritionally so you don't want lo to fill up on solids and not take enough milk. If your lo will still take the same amount of milk either way, give the solids first. It'll help the reflux better that way anyway (think solid food sort of floating on liquid and possibly air bubbles vs. the solids in their tummy first as sort of a base to help the milk stay down).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->