Solids during the day and gorging milk at night.

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I am wondering is this is ok.

Emma seems to want milk 1st thing, will have like 7oz then a nap then she is hungry but she wont take milk - only food with about 1oz milk after. The throughout the day she isnt keen on a lot of milk - prob about 4 z over 6 hours. Then she wants solids again so she will have that with about 1-2oz milk. Then at about 11pm she will take anything from 5-10oz of milk.

She is sleeping right through from 12am till about 8am.

She is just not a milk baby.

I would ask your HV but by the sounds of it she isn't taking enough milk. Maybe if you cut the solids out/down for a while she'll learn to up her milk intake.

I did try that last week and she was not a happy bunny. She would do her hungry cry, but when offered milk would not take it - like physically wriggle away from the bottle. But if you gave her water she was soo happy - but after the first 4oz I wasn't sure I wanted her to just have more water so tried the milk again and nadda. She does get Breast fed in the mornings from each breast, so I have no idea how much she gets from that. Her fontanelle isn't sunken and she is v bright and chirpy otherwise.

I thought maybe it was our water so tried cartons - same reaction. Tried a diff brand - same reaction.
She will take milk, but only at a grumble. It's not like she gets a lot of solids anyway - maybe 1oz in morning and 2oz at night.

I am going to try again tomorrow and cut out the soilds and see if that ups her milk hunger. She had 21 oz today including solids and bf in morning

When she is refusing bottles, does she refuse the breast as well...?

She will take the breast, but she is starting to just chew my nipple than eat. Somedays she will, others she refuses it.

I have been trying just milk today got about 12oz in her - then at lunch time she grabbed toast off the plate on the table and was eating/chewing it. She went mental when i took it off her - grumpy for 2 hours almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->