Solihull birthing unit.

gemsar

Reaction score
Anyone booked in here or had their baby there x

I'm booked in here and it all looks sooo nice all the midwives seem to be lovely aswell

I am just over my duedate. Booked in here just hoping he gets a shift on. As if i have to be induced its heartlands :(
i had my 36week MOT at Solihull and it was just amazing! X x

Ooo what do they do at 36 weeks I'm intrigued lol !!! Get the curry down ya girl the city's famous for it lol !!

They take your blood pressure. Make sure baby isn't too big on your green book chart and then show you around. Your partner doesn't have to go home at any point even if you have to stay in they can stay. Thats what sold it to me.
Obviously no epidurals but lovely water pools and various other drugs x

I wouldn't want an epidural I don't think lol we had a brief look around at 12 week scan and was dead impressed with it could you not go to women's if you can't get Solihull does it have to be heartlands ???

The only hospitals you can use are heartlands or good hope. If anything happens during labour and they need to transfer you then they send you to heartlands via ambulance as its the closest.
I dont plan on an epidural either lol. Will be a bit easier putting it out your head if you know you can't have it lol xxx

That's what I keep saying if there's no choice it's simple I can't have it lol unless I get up and drive myself to heartlands haha ooo I don't fancy no hope hospital lol

Hey girls, where are you guys from? Solihull and heartlands were options for me so just wondered if you were nearby! I'm going to good hope, had my daughter there 2 years ago and had an amazing experience it's not all bad :) xx

I think there is good and bad in every hospital to be fair.. Im from Solihull. Xxx

And chelle i agree with the epidural! Gonna try and be hard core! X

They take your blood pressure. Make sure baby isn't too big on your green book chart and then show you around. Your partner doesn't have to go home at any point even if you have to stay in they can stay. Thats what sold it to me.
Obviously no epidurals but lovely water pools and various other drugs x

why no epidurals? x

Its a midwife led unit so there are no doctors. Which means they can't give epidurals.
They give gas and air, pethadine and Diamorphine x

Hall green in 3 weeks lol the Shirley end I just wanna feel it all and apparently epidurals make the whole labour a lot longer and more complicated :)

Yeh epidurals can slow labour! I Dont want it being slowed down lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->