Some advice about BD?

Antigone

Step-mom to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Okay, so my fiance and I are somewhere between NTNP and TTC---we are using the calendar method (I knshyeow I ovulate)- even though I know it isn't the best- plus I can usually tell when I ovulate. The problem is: we are somewhat busy people atm, and are having a very difficult time actually finding enough time to BD often (god, I don't know how we'll have a child if we can't even BD, lol). So we are BDing all of two-three times a month. To add to this BDing can be incredibly unpleasant for me (no idea why, it just gets somewhat uncomfortable, and can even be unenjoyable at times). We have been trying for 5 months. I am 21 with no adverse medical diagnoses, and regular OBGYN appointments. Infertility is definitely not something that is anywhere in my family, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with me anatomically (my uterus is slightly to the left of my body, but OB says this is not anything to be concerned about). I know that not enough BDing must be part of the cause, so has anyone had any experience with this or have any advice? Thanks.

yeah, dbing is obviously a huge issues, so if you and your oh are only doing it 3-4 times a month youre limiting your chances. on top of that i would recommend using opks instead of relying on a calender for fertility. when your next period comes, chart it and look for signs of ovulation (cm consistency, cramping etc) and take your opks. try your hardest to bd around that time!!! its so important and the ovulation window is so small youve gotta do all you can to try and catch that egg!!

im in a similar situation to you. me and my partner only bded twice last cycle due to work and studying etc. but we are doing it more now.

in terms of pain during sex, maybe use some sperm friendly lube? anything could cause pain during sex and im not sure what kind of pain you are experiencing. another reason for pain could be because you and your oh arent having sex enough. so when you do have sex it hurts because everythings tight (sorry tmi lol)

hope this helps hunni and good luck
x

I don't have any advice on the pain during sex part but I can imagine that plays into why you aren't having sex as often as you feel you should. I know the frustration of feeling like you aren't BDing enough when you want to be PG, but it only takes once. I know this from experience, when we conceived our oldest we only had sex once that entire cycle. Try to BD whenever the mood strikes and at some point in the near future I am sure that you will see a positive pregnancy test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->