Some advice needed please mums

angelbump

Reaction score
I've been giving my 4 month old son baby porridge in the morning and keeping his 4 bottle feeds the same and this breakfast and bottles for the rest of the day works for us. I want to know when do i drop another bottle and give him a little lunch or dinner? Looking for some advice or what worked for you thanks x

I wouldn't drop any bottles before 6 months, there is very little nutrition in porridge he will need the milk.

I wouldn't drop any bottles period until he is consistently refusing them for a few weeks. My daughter wasn't down to 4 bottles until about 10 months or so, so I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon. If you want to offer more solids, just add in another meal when you feel you can fit it in, but as you really don't want to encourage dropping milk feeds at only 4 months, I'd back off if your LO doesn't start to refuse another feed. They get nearly all their nutritional and calories from milk up to a year, so food should just be in addition to that for awhile longer.

Im afraid of over feeding he is starting to become fussy with his bottles and not being very interested in them i could always cut a couple of oz out and give him some fruit around noon before his lunch time bottle? He's on 4 7oz bottles a day and has usually around 3oz after his morning porridge.

If he's being fussy with his bottles I would be reducing the food, milk is the most important thing right now, he won't be digesting food properly to get all the nutrients from it at this stage so it will be filling him up but not as nutritious as milk. So for me, I wouldn't cut any ozs. My 1 year old is still on 4 x 6oz a day and 3 meals, he's under the 50th centile, I'm not over feeding him (granted he's dairy free which is why I have avoided cutting milk as I can't offer dairy products to bulk up his milk intake).

But that's just my opinion, maybe someone who weaned early has some more helpful advice for you, but I wouldnt worry about over feeding at this age x

I agree I would stick with just the porridge for now and incourage the milk baby is still small so its better to have more milk. I gave my baby porridge from about 4months but that was because she was drinking 40oz a day which was too much milk for her system so it helped even it out x

Like the others said, keep the bottles and slowly add little meals. He will eventually become uninterested in his bottle once he starts eating more solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->