Some advice please Regarding royal mail

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
Hiya folks can ya help?

I sent an item recorded delivery to someone froma selling page via Facebook. She hasn't received the item yet and it's been 4ish weeks. She's asked me to make a claim, what I want to know is am I responsible for making the claim or is she? I have the tracking number which I gave her as soon as I'd posted her item.
Anyone know. Xx

I think it's on you to claim but not 100% sure. Did you track the parcel to see what it says?

You can track it online with the number - I think it's on you as you have the receipt? X

Yea I think it's up to the sender to chase it :flow:

If you put the tracking no. in to the RM website what does the status say?

Sometimes as well the postie doesn't leave a card if the person is out, so it's worth asking the buyer to ring or pop into their local PO to see if the parcel is there xx

The status just says that the item was posted at so and so postoffice on 14th June and is in their system awaiting delivery :shrug:

At least it doesn't say delivered, which i've had before! I'd call them and ask to be honest, four weeks is a bit long for recorded delivery.. x

I tell a lie it says there is no Data currently available for this number.

So it's completely missing I guess

Royal Mail don't consider it lost until 15 WORKING days(not including sat) after it's been sent,as you are the sender it's your responsibilty to claim,you can get the form from your local post office,RM then look into it.xx

I know that the way it works on ebay is that (after the parcel is confirmed as 'lost' after 15 working days), you refund the buyer then claim your money back from Royal Mail. Hope this helps :)

Hi! I sell online and usually refund the buyer and then make the claim my end. But, ask the buyer to call their local delivery office first to check it hasn't gone back there and the postie didn't leave a card as a pp said (happens a lot).

Also give RM a call and try to speak to a real person if you can bear to trawl through their recorded menus and see if they can track it on the phone for you, tell them there is no info available online.

Good luck :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->