Some help please ladies.

court.

Trying to stay positive
Reaction score
I was wondering what the chances are of PCOS if I am not overweight?I actually have a problem trying to gain weight.
I am 5 feet tall and 100 pounds on a good day of eating alot of food.
My periods are somewhat regular and long 32-35 days I have the odd 40+ day cycle. My flow is typically 5-6 days with the first and last day light.
My skin has always been very clear, I get the odd hair under my chin once in awhile.My hair does grow pretty fast.
My mother has PCOS.. not sure if that would make me more likely to have it. I have had an ultrasound done and the doctor said everything looked great!

I am holding off on blood work as I don't want to get too stressed out over TTC just yet.

didnt want to read and run but i havent got a clue, you need to do some research on it all, and im sure you could have, but maybe go to the doctors if you feel there is something wrong x

I don't know for sure... but it seems like they would have seen it in the ultra sound. I mean, that's how cysts are found, so you'd think they'd notice a string of them! How long have you been TTC? Has it been a while and that's why you're worried, or just because of cycle length?

Thank you.

I have been off BCP for 2 years and nothing has gone on since then. I have just recently really started to try and track everything ! Most women I have noticed that have PCOS are overweight.. but my mother has PCOS so I was wondering if I'm more likely to have it aswell.

I was reading my Cosmo back in January and they had an artile on PCOS an I have a friend that has it so I messaged her (on facebook) and I just checked and it's still showing so I copied it and this is what I read...

Hey! I was just reading this month's Cosmo magazine and they actually have a small article about PCOS in it. However...it's completely different information than what I've read so in case you haven't read it, I was wanted to share it with you. If you already read it...sorry to bore you with it agian. lol
"[PCOS] This is a hormonal disorder that causes your ovaries to produce too much male sex hormone, which then prevents you from ovulating regularly. When you don't ovulate you don't menstruate. PCOS leads to other body wierdness too, such as excessive hair on you r face, arms, chest or legs, bad acne, and/or hair loss on your scalp.....Although it can't be cured and gynos don't know why some women develop it in the first place, there is treatment for the symptoms: birth-control pills, which reduce male hormone production and restore your cycle....Another reason for the MIA period:a body-fat percentage that dips to low. Having too little fat can put you i a danger zone where ovulation may be affected. Fat cells store estrogen, so when you have less estrogen, it can disrupt your body's signals to have a period....upping your food intake may get you flow back on track."

I've only heard that it can be brought on by being over weight...never by being under weight. Either way, thought it was interesting that they at least mentioned it in Cosmo.

Thank you SO much that was very helpful.
I am not lacking my period as I do get it and somewhat regularly.
I eat quite abit of food just have a hard time putting weight on. I am thinking of looking into take some shakes with alot of protein in them :) Maybe this is my problem. I need to gain weight.

Def try drinking some shakes... when I was in highschool our pitcher was super skinny and our coach kept getting on her about her weight. He made her drink a slimfast before every meal and she eventually did put on a little weight.

That's great I will have to try that !!
Trying to figure out what's going on is SO hard. It's very hard to get a doctor where I just moved to. I read some of the signs of PCOS and I forsure don't have them but there are some that are questionable.

I thought of PCOS as being overweight,pretty irregular or absent periods, and an ultrasound showing cysts.

I also thought it was irregular periods, over weight and hairy :haha: Everyone I know says they get a lot of hair and in strange places... I thought I had it for awhile but the more I read the more I realized it was just in my head! :haha:

I wondering if that's my problem... I may just be thinking I have it.
There are all these symptoms but to what degree to they need to be to be considered PCOS? I have had an external ultrasound done and the doctor said everything looked great... I'm assuming I don't have PCOS then. There are just so many variables!!! err

I know you said it was hard finding a doctor but can you ask around or maybe just call a doctor or nurse and ask them...tell them your concerns and maybe they can shed some light. I hope you don't have it...I know from my friend that it's a horrible curse that is keeping her from having a baby since she doesn't ovulate but maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

:hugs: :hugs:

Yes my best bet would be to call a doctor as I live well on an island to be exact lol .. sounds alot smaller then it is. There are only so many doctors and there are people that have been here 7 years and dont have a family doctor!

I think I may just be reading too much into thing's :) Thanks for helping me out.

Gosh, an island?! I'm jealous already!! :D

You're welcome. Glad I could help
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78