Some help please :(

Leashypoo

Proud mummy of one
Reaction score
my daughter is just over 6 months old...i started weaning her at 4 months and she took well and is having breckfast dinner and tea...but the health visitors keep saying shes not putting enough weight on etc...what else can i do shes drinks all her milk too. thanks x

She's not losing weight is she? As long as she's gaining and healthy that should be fine, she's gaining at a rate normal for her. If she doesn't want to eat or drink anymore I wouldn't make her. You never know she may just have a quick metabolism! My daughter has never had a big appetite for food or milk but she must have been getting enough as she's carried on following her weight centile and she's not a big girl so I wouldn't expect her to eat as much as other children her age that are a lot bigger. If you feel she's ok then I wouldn't worry. My mother always reminds me that when we were little they weren't constantly being told what weight we should be and what we should be doing at what age etc. They just got on with it and we all turned out ok!

sounds a bit like my lo! we weaned at 4 months on hv recommendation but he's still dropping centiles, she advised me to up his dairy intake, lots of yoghurts, full fat milk on cereal (ie weatabix) and cheese, you could try adding those into his diet! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->