some1 please reassure me?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I try to giveconnah finger foods at lunch so he gets use to them,broccoli,cauliflower,carrot sticks etc but im still worried about choking!

i need to keep at this but half of me wants to take it away and make him a lumpy puree instead:shrug:i find myself taking bits off him thinking he will choke:nope:

can some1 please convince me otherwise:blush:

It's highly unlikely he will choke, but he will probably gag! It is very important to differentiate between the two. The gag reflex stops them from choking.

Well i had no need to worry at all! just finished with lunch and he had broccolli,carrot and cauliflower...he had most of it,gagged a few times as you said,brought it back up but then chewed it again and swallowed!:D

Ill still be a little worried everytime he eats but it seems whenever i have a worry about him,he surprises me by showing me he can manage whatever he is doing/eating :D

I was exactly the same! I still watch him like a hawk! My LO gags but he still loves his finger foods! He'd much rather that than some mush! Just make sure it's nice and soft to start off with and he'll be a-ok! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->