Someone please tell me I'm being paranoid for no reason.

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
I posted a little while back about having a nasty cold. I finally started to feel better, until yesterday. I started getting a bit of a sore throat, my cough started up a little more, and I found a swollen, tender lymph node under my chin. Today sore throat is better, just was dried out and sore this morning. But I'm still coughing, super tired, achy all over, and feverish, with now 2 lymph nodes swollen. My first thought was flu, then jumped to mono(because of the swollen nodes) and now I keep thinking about toxo, since it and mono manifest with some of the same symptoms. Please someone just tell me I'm being ridiculous and this is just mono or the flu. I know those two are more likely, but I do have some exposure to cats.

I had a swollen lymph ode under my chin last yr when I had a bad infection....I ignored it for a couple wks before finally going to the dr.... He put me on antibiotic and within a few days it was gone! I say it's prob a bacterial/viral infection from a cold/flu..... Just go to the dr :) try not to stress until u have a real legit reason to.... I know easier said than done!

Thank you. It does make me feel a little bit better. I'm considering going in to an Urgent care clinic tomorrow(since it's Sunday) I am so tired of being sick, and really ready to have this baby. Then I won't have to freak myself out over every illness I get.

It could just be a little cold. Your immune system is weaker since being pregnant. Sometimes those glands get blocked. When this happens to my loved ones I usually rub it out. Starting at the jaw line just under the chin with two fingers rub downward on each side of the neck til your fingers meet your collar bone. Do this several times, a couple times a day. That will help get things moving.

Also if ur looking for natural remedies, try a cup of green tea 2-3 x day....squeeze some fresh lemon too. It has amazing antibacterial/viral properties.... Fights off colds , helps detox , and builds ur immunity .... Whenever I feel the nasty cold coming on I get out the tea and drink it religiously, before it gets terrible it goes away :)

Thank you ladies. I guess I was just bring extra paranoid. Looks like my sister's kids brought a nasty virus with them when they came for Thanksgiving and we didn't know it. My mom is sick too now, with the exact same thing :( lucky my fever broke a little while ago(although now I feel all nasty from sweating) But I am so achy still and way past ready for DSs nap time, which is still 3 hours away. Of all the times to be sick, it had to be when DH started his 12-16hr/6 days a week work schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->