Something odd going on...

FuzzyCaz

TTC#1 35+
Reaction score
Hi guys & gals

Something a little odd going on, and would welcome any thoughts.
This might get long, and turn into a typed stream of consciousness, so apologies in advance.

Last Thurs I went to my GP to discuss TTC, and coming off my blood pressure meds (contra-indicated for ttc/pregnancy).

She agreed I could come off the blood pressure meds, and told me to stop taking them straight away. I was to take my BP at home every day, and if it started going up again to give her a ring and she would prescribe a more friendly HBP med, but for now we would see if it would behave itself on its own.

She recommended I start taking folic acid etc if I wasn't already, and I told her I had some Pregnacare Plus that I'd bought previously. She agreed that these were perfect.

Rewind to end of March/beginning of April...when I last had an appointment with my endocrinologist (I'm hypothyroid - thyroid gland removed last year) and he gave me his green-light to ttc. On the way home I took advantage of the Boots 3-for-2 deals and stocked up on Pregnacare Plus to celebrate (rock & roll!). I initially started taking them then, in anticipation of getting to my GP to get her green-light for ttc too. But about 10 days later I contracted cellulitis in one of my legs, and ended up in the out-of-hours Dr service. I came home with a bag full of pills to pop. And decided to stop all the pills that I didn't need to take, first on the list being the Pregnacare Plus.

Cellulitis cured, and then I had an anaphylactic reaction to a painkiller (difene) taken for period pains and ended up in hospital. And again, once home, I remained just taking the pills I needed to take.

So the habit of taking the pregnacare plus dropped off the radar.

But here I am, taking it again. I've been taking the PP since last Thursday. And have stopped the HBP meds since Thursday too.

I take my blood pressure every morning and its been spot on. Not going up at all, so I'm delighted with that.

But yesterday and today I have had major swollen ankles. Forget cankles, these are full-on fankle-swankles! And one is getting a little red and feeling a little sensitive/sore sometimes...making me wonder if I'm heading into another case of cellulitis again....the common denominator points at the Pregnacare for some very odd reason...but I don't understand how PregPlus could be responsible for cellulitis, so it may just be a very bizarre coincidence...
Or it could just be major fluid retention from stopping the HBP meds...but then why isn't my actual BP affected?
Or it could be major fluid retention from no BP meds, and the high-ish level of sodium in my thyroid meds. (can't stop them, I'd die!)
Or it could be major fluid retention from an impending visit from Aunt Flo (who, incidently, is already 4 days late!)
Or it could be.... ???

And why is Aunt Flo late, she's usually early if anything....is that possibly to do with the Pregnacare Plus?

So much going on,and so many factors that could be involved ???

Any ideas....and any suggestions for reducing the elephant legs?

Have cut my coffee intake down drastically to just 2 cups a day, and trying to swallow as much water as I physically can-2 pints down already this morning! Trying to get out walking more than usual too...anything else I can do?

no suggestions just didnt want to read and run :hugs: i hope they can figure out what is going on with you soon!

Thanks jaxvipe:flower:

Blood pressure still good - 14 days after coming off the bp meds (so that's good at least!) :winkwink:

Drinking 1½-2 litres water a day, plus cut coffee consumption to just 2 cups per day.

No cellulitis has developed (phew!)

However, ankles still swollen....not as bad, but still big. :wacko:

Oh, and still no AF - CD39 now :wacko:

Hey Fuzzytb are your ankles better now? I'm not really sure what could have caused it so not much help there sorry.

Has AF made an appearance yet?

Ankles aren't perfect, but they are much, much better, thanks for asking :flower:

AF is still away on holiday, CD51 now and still no sign of her. :shrug: (oh and 2xBFNs too - so that's ruled that out!) :nope:
I think she's playing with me though, she's certainly wrecking my head anyway! - I purchased a CBFM a few weeks ago, and I'm dying to start playing with my new toy! :wacko:

Glad your ankles are better. I have really irregular periods when I'm not on the pill, I can have anywhere from a 2 week cycle to a 6 week cycle but I don't know why that is. I used to be every 28 days when I was younger but after my first stint on the combined pill they were never the same once I stopped taking it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->