Son escaped from school !!

clairew4

Mummy to Jack & Ellie :)
Reaction score
Hi. My 4 year old son, Jack has recently started 'big ' school & this week he has been full time after having week & a bit of doing half days. Earlier today at lunchtime. I was watching telly when the doorbell rings, thought to self 'who is that?' went to answer it, only to find Jack standing there, the little monkey had decided to leave school premises & come home ( we only live next door to the school), I marched him back to school, meeting one of the dinnerladies who had no idea of him escaping! The poxy gate wasn't locked. Spoke to a teacher who reasured me that she would talk to the headmistress & Jack's teacher to sort out the security and make sure it doesn't happen again. Luckily we live in a small village where it is quite safe and everyone knows each other but it's really bad that a child could just leave the premises just like that:growlmad: and how long would it have taken the staff to realise a child was missing:growlmad: I'm just thankful I was in and not out at the time.

OMFG! this is my worst nightmare! I would be livid...that should not happen! thats is not a mistake, it should never have happened and that is putting your child in danger :nope:

I would be having SERIOUS words if it were me. They obviously really need to sort this out. Hope you can relax and trust it not to happen again, if it was me I would struggle I think :(

OMG, I'd be livid! That definitely should not have been allowed to happen! What if you weren't home? Shouldn't something like that be reported to ofsted? :(

OMG I would be beyond mad that this happened!

I would also be livid! Imagine if you lived across the road from the school! I'd be having serious words...

Hi Ladies, thanks for your replies. I spoke to the headmistress who rightly so apologised, she told me that she will make sure gates are locked and checked at all times and that she will have a meeting with staff, also she will put in the next school newsletter a reminder to parents who walk through playground to preschool/use as a shortcut to use the nearby footpath going around the school. As for my little escapee, he finally told me why he left school, he just wanted to go for a wee!

just thank goodness hes ok! that could have turned out a lot worse

My God...bless him, just wanting to go for a wee! Glad he is ok! I certainly wouldnt have been happy...lets hope it is a lesson learnt for the school...as next time it may not be such a understanding parent like yourself approching them xx

That's terrible :( My second youngest has escaped while out shopping before and ran out of my in laws house into the road. In a way I'm glad he is home educated because I would not trust him in school, no matter how diligent the staff were xx

OMFG how awful, I would go crazy if this happened to me. Dec has also just started full time this week after being in for 1/2 days, but his school is like fort knox, they are so strick on child safety that the children are met at the main school doors by their teacher and taken to their classroom, parents arent even allow to go further than the main hall.

Wow! This is a huge deal and I do not think 'sorry' cuts it -this is a real safe gaurding issue -- schools have failed OFSTED for not ensuring a child's safety! Disgraceful -- If I were that child's teacher/dinner lady/adult in charge, (am I primary school teacher) I would be in HUGE trouble! As would the adult that left the gate open!

Glad your little wonderer is safe :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->