Son on railway tracks

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
So I have just found out from somebody else that my 11yr old Son was seen walking across te railway line to get to his friends house.

I am horrified. He's a very impulsive child and I don't doubt he was showing off in front of friends.

Other than completely grounding him I don't know what to do. I'm tempted to phone the police but not sure if they would do anything.

Oh goodness Lora. I use to do this showing off. What an idiot I was! Yeah I'd ring the police and check out some hard hitting safety videos.

I hope you're okay?

No I'm pretty fed up but I will keep plodding on 😣
Aarons phoning police station direct tomorrow? I just think ollie thinks life's one big joke! Xx

Yeah I'd do that. Maybe chat to the school as well? I doubt he's the only one doing it!

Text me if you fancy a chat x

Matt said the fire brigade too, as they generally have more time to chat to children and they attend those sort of like incidences.

I didn't think of them, will have a ring around tomorrow. Text me if you have my no so I have it- I'm not sure if IHave, I lost. All contacts when I changed phones! If not will pm you x

His dad and brother are firefighters so I think he knows what they'll do.

I changed phone too :dohh:

Eeek! Calling the firebrigade/police sounds like a good plan. Maybe you could find a story from a family who have had a child injured by a train; I realise that sounds horrible, but maybe reading/hearing about someone his age who had their life changed forever would make him see how serious it is.

That's so scary. I'd do the same, especially since it sounds like he doesn't understand how dangerous it is to do things like that.

I would definitely come down hard on this one! I agree about calling police/fire brigade. My sister was caught by my mum pinching a sweet off the shelf and eating it in a shop when she was about 5, my mum called the cops and they came round and gave her a telling off, she was petrified and definitely learned her lesson! I agree with speaking to the school as they may be able to tailor a PSE lesson to warn others. Try on YouTube for hard hitting videos!

Thanks for the advice! I spoke to school and they've had a police officer in to do an assembly to year 7 about it. Apparently there were 3 or 4 of them. I think it's helped, ollie was telling me whT te p.o had said about the dangers and what he's seen with his own eyes, and thT its trespassing and that anyone caught next time will be fined £1000.
We've had a good chat with him too. Aaron told him to imagine what it would be like for me getting a knock on the door, what it would do to me if he got killed. I think that hit home with him.
He's banned from his xbox for the rest of te week and banned from playing in that particular area Til further notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->