Sophie's birth - 3wks early.. 30/07/10

kelz87

Reaction score
my story starts wih..... it was 4am on thursday 29th july when i had a leak, i didnt think anything of it so put a pad on 2 keep an eye for any more loss.
However talking 2 my mum the next morning she said i should get it checked just in case so 2 keep her off my back i did and got n appointment at 1pm that day!!

So there was me on time, happy it would be an in & out appointment (just had my purse n phone as i planned 2 stock up on shopping and nappies4 chloe b4 baby arrived) when they asked 2 look at my pad n do a urine sample.....fine.... or so i thought!
When the midwife came 2 see me n said they think baby may of had a poo because of the colour of my pad! (i felt a bit stupid i hadn't noticed) and then came out with the shocker that if thats the case they were gonna have 2 carry on and get baby out!!!!
but due 2 the leak wanted 2 also check if my water had broken anyway!

So i had the examinations done.... no front waters broken, the thought it may of been the back waters!

So thats when they decided to keep me in and induce me..... still in shock i began panicking that i didnt have my bags and chloes over night bag wasnt even finished and she hadnt slept away from me or my OH b4 so i was even more nervous.
So i sent the OH on his way 2 finish what needed doing and 2 get me a couple things!
Im just glad it was my OH's day off.

Time was going on and on, all i wanted 2 do was leave and i was being told about 4 different times that i would be going to labour ward and finally went up at 10pm baring in mind they offered me no food so i was starving we had 2ask for a sandwich!

After finally going 2 labour ward i was wired up and given the I.V drip 2 get my labour started but told i couldnt eat or drink anything but water or lucozade.... (the worst bit was i didnt realise u have 2 be connected to the heartbeat monitor constantly so i was bedbound!) :growlmad:

As the hours passed i wasnt dilating so i got fustrated and the finally let me have a break and a 10 minute walk!.... that felt great! i tried the birthing ball but the connection 2 the monitor kept moving and loosing the heartbeat so i was back on the bed!

They then told me baby was back to back. (not great... but it had explained why i had such backache during my pregnancy)

Time seemed to drag and was told 2 get some sleep whilst i could..... but couldn't.

By now i was 4cm and after speaking to the consultant the sped up the I.V. and my contractions finally started getting stronger but not close together and they weren't registering on the monitor so it looked like not much was happening.
Now i had another examination where they broke my waters and tried 2 put a clip on baby's head so i could move about but it kept falling off.

Then suddenly they came thick and fast and by now i was on gas and air (i was on:cloud9:) i was so pleased i'd only had the gas and air after comin so far.

Then at 3.10pm they offered me something stronger as i was in alot of pain so i had the diamorphine.
As the both kicked in i felt soooo drunk and lightheaded it was unreal.

Then just 10 minutes later came the urge 2 push.... i went from 4cm to 10 in barely anytime at all. i think i shocked my midwives with that :happydance:

Then after some hard work pushing at 3.32pm :baby: Sophie was born...she was so tiny weighing 5lb 13oz and was placed on my chest for skin 2 skin contact. :hugs: i couldn't believe how much hair she had.

I then had a massive bleed and lost over 1 litre of blood after the placenta was delivered but thankfully they managed 2 slow it down.

I had 3 lovely midwives throughout and am so thankful to them

And thats my story..... thanks for reading (i just hope i've remembered everything).

congratulations chick!!!Things rarely go to plan where babies are concerned. Glad you are both well. Enjoy her x x x

so glad that you and your little one are doing well! sounds like the whole thing came as quite a surprise, but glad to hear that everything worked out perfectly for you and yours! congratulations! :)

congrats on little Sophie! Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Congratulations! Did you ever find out if she had pooed or not?

Congratulations! Did you ever find out if she had pooed or not?

whenever i had examinations it looked like she had as there gloves went a greenish colour :blush: but when they broke my waters it was clear so didnt really find out for sure.... i dont think they knew 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->