Sore throat - how long?

Catalyst

Mother of 1 & TTC#2
Reaction score
Has anyone had recently realy bad sore throat with some fever, not realy high but feeling crap anyway and like wanting to drule rather than swallow because it hurts so mutch?

I went to see a doctor yesterday and she did a test and it was negative for streptococcus infection.

So it is probably just some virus and have to deal with it.

But I have a flight tomorrow to our capital (in Iceland) in the evening. Taking my older boy to see a ophthalmologist on tuesday so I realy realy have to be better in just 24 hours! But It realy realy hurts to swallow and around lunch I was feeling sooo crappy.. but I took some painkillers around 13:00 and felt mutch mutch better around 15. And I just had 37,8 just after I took the painkillers so not high fever at all.

Just so long since I got sick I dont remember how long you are sick like this. Come to think of it I havent goten so bad sore throat since I had the older one I think!!

Hope this doesn't double post- having computer issues...

I've had many throat viruses- feels just like strep (I've had both), but no meds help! Never fun. Only thing that helped was Advil every 4hrs (or more tbh) and lots of hot teat to soothe... usually the worst the first 3-4 days- then it get's better each day... but obviously that can vary per person.

HOpe your better soon! :hugs:

Well I felt better yesterday but still had realy sore throat, hurt to eat and so on. Went to school and the flight in the evening. Felt better tonight but still sore throat when I woke up this morning. Just hope it is starting to go away.. no fever, thats good.

I've just had something similar. My best advice would be lots of sleep eat soft/liquid foods that aren't very hot or very cold, lots of water, and I also had come cold/flu sachets and cough sweets which made a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->