Sorry if its the wrong place but I need to moan lol

motherofboys

Reaction score
Its long! You dont have to read it all LOL
So has anyone got one of those friends whos kids never do anything wrong? If I say something good mine has done, hers have done twice as good, but if I say something not so great they have done, hers have NEVER done it. Even a normal kid thing.
Up until a few months ago, we had a bit of a bed wetting issue here. I'm hoping, touch wood, that its over now, at least with the eldest. (My youngest isnt out of nappies yet so have it all to come again LOL) My older 2 sons who are 6 and 4, were tag teaming me, taking it in turns to wet each night. They had been fine for ages and just seemed to be having a phase. But my 6 year old had been invited to sleep at his friends (8 doors away) I'm a bit of a worrier anyway, and wasnt too keen on the idea, but everyone was tellign me I was beign unfair and had to learn to let go. But I was concerned about him possibly wetting at their house. In the end he did go and everything was fine, but when I asked for advice from my friends, this particular one offered no helped or advice on the wetting, just said that her children (7 and 4) sleep away all the time and are fine and have NEVER wet their bed not even once. Well whoop-de-do. That fantastic that you have never had to change a whole bed and PJs at 2am while trying not to wake another child. But doesnt really help me does it.
Then a mutual friend shares one of those pictures of a kid covered in sudo creme, with a funny caption, that is always going around. We all 'like' it and comment a funny story about our own kids. But not her. No, she cant understand how kids do this, hers would never even DARE, besides she would never be stupid enough to leave it in there reach!
Now I get that sometimes there are things that as a parent you have not had to deal with. None of mine, have had the sudo creme out, but then again its more by luck than judgment. We have however had a simialr incident with my (then) 2 year old, sat at the table painting, me washing up with my back to him, I ask "what are you painting?" he replies "zac", I think "aw how sweet, his painting a picture of his little brother". I hear my (then) 8 month old behind me, look down and find the 2 year old hasnt been painting a picture OF Zac, his been painting ON Zac! So I grab the camera and take a few pics before cleaning him up LMAO
The latest one, which has really got to me, was that at the weekend my boys (6,4 and 2) were playing in the garden, I dont leave them out there by themselves, as I say I'm a worrier. But Hubby was out there, pottering around a bit, so I came in to do the food shopping online. Hubby comes into tell me something. Goes back out. All 3 are GONE! Now my sister in law lives 2 doors away and the 6 year old had decided they should all pay her a visit. I of course had a heart attack right there on the spot, and by the time I had run the 30 seconds round to hers to see if they were there every single scenario had gone through my brain and I was feeling like the worlds WORST mother.
I posted about it, and how I would be getting a lock for the gate, a BIG lock (LOL) She replied with how her children can reach the latch on their gate and it has no lock but they know not to go out and so never would.
The thing that really gets me, is that she is always telling people her children would never dare do anything wrong, and has never even accidently done something wrong. But then will post about how her 2nd daughter makes her feel so down because shes so naughty. Dont know what she can possibly do thats naughty, as she wont ever do anything that other kids do.

Sorry. Thats been building for a while LMAO

She sounds irritating, I'd just not tell her anything about your kids if she's not going to offer helpful advice, and I'd block her from your status' updates about your kids. I'm sure you can select people who you don't want to see your status when you post it, can't remember how it's done though but I've done it for a couple of photo albums on fb. She's obviously not the right person to turn to if her kids are so golden lol. They're probably not as good as she makes out tbh, she just wants to seem like the perfect parent who can do no wrong (those of which don't exist).

Well my eldest is trouble, he is only two and its its not nailed down he will get, a week ago we went to get him up to find him painting on his walls ... in his poo! Lovely! I have pulled my hair out, cried and wondered what I am doing wrong, but all teh HVs and doctors I have seen has told me its perfectly normal boy behaviour and that my son is in deed very bust, which they contribute to his hyper mobility, and that in a few year he will get better but will likely always be very active.

I have 5 month old twins too and if i leave him in the same room for a second he is in the cot with them or trying to pick them up, feed them or something extremley danergous.

I often look at other peoples kids and think what am i doing wrong, but I think thats him, HVs etc assure me he is intelligent for his age and just pushing bounderies and/or being bored.

So I make sure he get lots of attention, stimulating play and being active, but ultimately its normal.

She sounds like her kids are abnormal, maybe they are scared to do wrong? Which cant be healthy. We all want well behaved kids, but children naturally want to push bounderies. In fairness it sounds like out of all your friends she is the only one with "perfect kids", so ignore it, no one has kids that good.

Argh how irritating, she seems to want to be the 'perfect parent' accident happen to the best of and all kids are curious and like the push boundaries it normal and part of growing up. IF and i seriously doubt but if they were like that they sound like robots I wouldnt want that. I secretly enjoy the naughtiness it makes me laugh.

For eg the other week my 14 month old (whos also hypermobile and very active and curious) managed to knock over a tin of emulsion and it was all over him the floor and my back door! haha

My middle son has always been a real handful so his always doing things and sometimes I will write something and end up not posting it because I just cant deal with the "my kids would never"
Thanks though ladies, that has been building up for a while, was good to get it off my chest and see that other people didnt think it was just be being silly or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->