sorry just want a rant

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
our LB was finally diagnosed with ASD earlier this summer whilst he was at preschool. alot of family members were in denial over this and some still are. one reason being that since he started preschool at 2.5 yrs he made alot of progress and this is one reason his diagnosis was so slow. we were always warned that it was when he started school that hed really struggle and so now hes started reception its come as no blow that were now really starting to see how his ASD affects him adversely.
my rant is that im getting so fed up of people asking when hell move on to full days when he barely copes with half days and saying 'oh, hell grow out of it' when we explain that his sensory issues are really coming to light now.
I know there probably just a bit confused as he previously was doing so well but i just get so infuriated and want to scream 'hes got ASD for gods sake!!!' :dohh::growlmad:

i just wanted to get it off my chest and vent really.

I think a lot of people really don't get it. I keep being told my son will catch up. No he won't he will progress but he'll truly be like other children his age. It's very frustrating!

My daughter was born with an extra chromosome 9 in some of her cells and I've had people ask if she will grow out of it???! Erm no, she won't. I think sometimes people just don't think before they speak x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->