Spare A Thought For Me.....

KX

Reaction score
tomorrow at 9am Im going to get a sigmoidoscopy (tube with a wee camera on the end) up my rear for bowel investigations :hissy:

I have to take 2 drinks today called Picolax which are revolting, but will cause me to poo out the eye of a needle.

WHats even more distressing (ha ha) is that I am on a restricted diet from now til lunchtime today then its NO FOOD til after the procedure tomorrow!

How can they do that do me-I am a girl that loves her food! lol :cry:

Anyone else had this done? I am totally dreading it, how embarassing!:blush:

Hi Honey! I had one of those when I was 25. (A couple of years ago) It is embarrassing but let me tell you... I think the worst part was the 24 hours before the procedure when you have to take all the laxatives is the worst. The exam is cake once you get over the embarrassment. (Honestly.)

There really is very little pain involved and you get to watch the video which is interesting. It is like watching the medical channel on TV. LOL

Good luck. I will be thinking about you!

Good Luck K, will be thinking about you. The Picolax is meant to be a bit grim, but you'll lose a pound or two LOL! Just remember that the staff doing it, do it all day everyday, dont worry too much x

Oh my goodness - sounds awful! - Really hope its not half as bad as it sounds!

Why have you gotta have it?

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gif

oh just seen this hun! hope it all went ok xx

All went ok, dignity out the window.

Wasn't pleasant at all, but good news is there is nothing sinister going on, its just bad IBS that is causing the severe stomach cramps followed by explosive diahorrea...sorry tmi!

So need to see the GP bout getting medication.

After they pumped the air in my bowel I was passing wind all day, and treated myslef to a KFC after being famished all day yesterday!

LMAO!

Not as bad as I thought tho ladies so if any of u ever have to go thru it, it aint bad!

mwah

xx

:hugs: glad all is well and it's nothing too serious. i can't even imagine how it must have felt, you are a brave one! Fried chicken sounds good...now you've got me hungry :)

My problems were just IBS as well so yay for both of us for not having anything bad! Glad you made it through okay!

I had to do this December before last. It was not fun. But my Dr. knocked me out for the actual procedure. I was so dooped up afterwards, but I do remember on the drive home. I had my feet up on the dashboard, passing wind the whole way home. My DH was laughing the whole time I was groaning and farting.

I used to have to take Picolax every 8 weeks with a load of other laxatives and OMG it was awful I cant drink Fanta anymore becuase of the taste :blush: :rofl: I just used to cry my eyes out before taking it.

Glad all is ok though :thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"