Special ed. Teacher aggressive kids

Bella12

Reaction score
This is just me venting so maybe I can get stuff off my mind.

I hand a few aggressive kiddos, but one student is specifically attacking me. I'm worried about my baby. My principal and special ed. Head are aware of the aggressive students and my pregnancy.

Today was the first day I really got hurt. The student pulled out a good chunk of hair and was separated from me. Somehow the student got away from the ccrisis team and tackled me. Now my back is out and it hurts to do most things. The worst thing is that I can't handle things how I typically would and seem to be getting anxiety when this particular student gets near me.

On one hand I want to be tough and on another hand I don't want anything to happen to my precious cargo. Baby seems fine so far. Still kickingand moving around like usual.

Like I said. ...just venting.

Can they not assign you to a different role to ensure your safety?

shouldn't they have a risk assessment in place?
I'm not allowed near our kids that are prone to lashing out, maybe you need more classroom support x

I had a violent child in my main stream class last year who kept hitting tas in the stomach. Approx 3 weeks before I was going on maternity he did it again. With my history I wasn't prepared to risk it and my husband said if I didn't say anything, he would. I told the head that I wasn't prepared to work in there anymore. We spoke to unions and He covered my class for a day then the ppa teacher took over and I did her role. My union said that there should have been a specific risk assessment just for me but there wasn't. When I was assigned the class the boy was meant to have been leaving for special school but didn't. Speak to your head. Hope you can get something sorted.

I am a school social worker. First tri I told everyone I couldn't do holds or assists for medical reasons. I finally announced at 14 weeks and said I would not be participating in holds or assists for safety reasons. You were tackled unexpectedly which makes for an interesting challenge. You should have your doc write a note explaining your limitations and perhaps even get the union involved to make sure you are kept safe. I wont go near highly aggressive kids, period.

My head let me work from home for the last 4 weeks of my last pregnancy as we had quite a few unpredictable kids in the school and she didn't feel comfortable. Now we don't have so many so I'm staying in school but may stop doing outside duty nearer the end due to footballs etc.
I think that sounds like a really insafe situation that you should not be in. Your job is not worth the risk. Take care lovely and see what they can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->