Spelling of middle name?

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
Just after some opinions on how to spell the middle name May / Mae for our little girl. We have been struggling for a while to find the right middle name to go with Zoe, and last night I suggested May / Mae, which made hubby think of his favourite (late) Auntie, whose middle name he believes was May, although he's not quite sure and can't think how to find out :wacko:

Anyway, we like the sound of it and might just use it regardless, but not sure how to spell it. Usually we would always favour the 'proper' original spelling, but I believe they would both count, so not quite sure. Our last name begins with a D and has 2 Syllables, if that makes a difference. All opinions gratefully received x

Incidentally, after realising we liked the sound I also considered Faye or Rae, haven't suggested them to hubby yet, though, so not sure what he thinks x

Zoe Mae :) thats my moms middle name too and thats how she spells it.. i love it :)

On a side note, if we have a little girl we are going to name her Zoe as well.. :)

I'm loving the name Zoe now - at first it was just the only one we could find that we both liked enough to consider using, but I didn't love it. Now, though, it already feels like her name, so I have grown to love it. It was the same with our son's name, Hayden, actually.

I definitely like the spelling Mae better, but hubby prefers May, as he thinks Mae looks too similar to Zoe. I've been writing it over and over in different handwriting, with the 2 spellings and still can't decide :dohh:

I would initially say Mae, but I do agree with what your husband says...It does look awfully similar to Zoe. Not a bad thing, but definitely something to point out/think about.
So, I would suggest either of these options, assuming you'd even consider spelling Zoe differently?
Zoe May or Zoey Mae

Personally I like Zoey Mae better, but it's your choice of course! Lovely name!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->