Spent the afternoon with friends 2yr old

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Had a lovely afternoon playing with my friends little girl - she is 2 and growing up fast and out of nappies !!! I had to take her to the potty everytime and I wasn't allowed to leave her or she would shout for me !!!!!

Then the Dad said to us as I ran away from having to empty the potty (beyond my responsibilities as a guest) "what are you going to do when you have kids???!!!!!" H replyied "we aren't having any" :hissy::cry::yellowcard: now I am really upset - it was probably a defense mechansim or something but worried there is truth in it - will try to talk to him later to make sure.

Just redoing my post becoz ive just re-read it and realised i totally mis-read the original post! Doh

Im sure u r right and it was a defence thing and hope u have had a chance to talk about it now. Does he already know that u want to have children?

Maybe he just paniced abit and it seemed a little bit daunting for him

Good luck!

I hope he didnt mean it. Esp if you tell him that you do want kids. Hope all goes well.

Oh that sucks! I'm really sorry. I hope he didn't mean it. Confront him on it - maybe he just said it as a way to get people off his back about children?

my DH used to ALWAYS say those things! He never made it known to any of our friends that we were trying or planning on a family some day. ALWAYS would shake his head saying no no no you're crazy! he'd walk away and i'd tell everyone "i'll just have to trick him into it some day i guess!!"

now i am pregnant and he now starts with "no more than 1!!!!" :rofl:

i think maybe it's just not a guy's thing to talk about or mention TTC, know what i mean? not a manly type of conversation! infact i can't really picture my DH replying to people saying "We are trying!! bought some OPKs this month!"

:hug: everyon e- I spent all yesterday in tears really worried, things buzzing round my head what I would do if he really didn't want them ect ect and I spoke to him at dinner and he laughed and said of course he wants kids. I didn't want to cause an argument about why he said it and left it at that. I am due the:witch: this week and appear very emotional - more than normal actually and don't want to make it worse.

we have been married for 3 years and get asked that all the time. My answer is always 'we're not having any' (see my ticker to see the truth in that!).
I think its because you get fed up being asked and its a very personal thing to me as to what our plans are and when we want to try for kids. Not something I like to make public. Maybe thats all it was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->