Spinning - Yay or nay?

Buddysmum89

proud mum of Seb & Lilith
Reaction score
Ive been thinking for a while about taking up spinning as a form of exercise as my neighbour has been singing its praises for a while and its worked wonders for her (even though we tell her she doesn't need it as shes a skinny bird)

As a rookie to exercise (I only do walking and jogging..Jogging not so much thesedays ha!), and was wondering how hard it'd be as ive read such mixed reviews about it..Some say they felt like dying after only ten minutes and some say its the best exercise ever..But im struggling to form an opinion without going..Im quite scared ill keel over if i went or be relatively unfit compared to the fellow riders!

So do we have any spinners here tonight that can advice a noob?

I used to spin... and I'll be honest, at first- it was HARD!!! I did not like it one bit, LOL. Only because it's intense and you really do get a cardio workout. But, I knew how good it was for me- so I pressed on. I did take it much slower in the beginning too- I listened to MY body and did what made sense for me- that is the one really good thing about spin. You can add as much/little intensity to the workout as you desire- it's hard regardless, but in time... you get stronger and faster and you can up the intensity slowly.

I will say- after a week- I felt much better- and after 2wks, I really enjoyed the class! I don't do spin classes anymore- as I've taken up Zumba and Step and Power-- so my week is already full. But I'd like to again one day. As you burn a lot of calories!!!

Just give it 1-2wks and see how you like it... no one else can tell you how it will work for you. But I would say at least give it a go- and don't quit after one class, which might be hard, lol (it was for me)- but well worth it! I still use the stationary bike during my gym workouts sometimes- but I'm never as motivated as I am in class :)

I will say- after a week- I felt much better- and after 2wks, I really enjoyed the class! I don't do spin classes anymore- as I've taken up Zumba and Step and Power-- so my week is already full. But I'd like to again one day. As you burn a lot of calories!!!

i also agree. It was hard at first 1-2 week, but you will be feel much better week after.:happydance:

Does anyone still do spin class's?

Ive started one 5 wks ago was hoping it would start getting easier but it's not just looking for tips really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->