Spirulina & Maca?

lily28

ೋ.Mama Of A Prince.ೋ
Reaction score
Hi, my friend started taking spirulina 2 months ago to regulate her menses, and now she is pregnant. I googled spirulina for fertility and it turns out it's quite popular.
Also Maca is very popular, helps libido and sperm count.
From Wiki: "Small-scale clinical trials performed in men have shown that maca extracts can heighten libido and improve semen quality,[11][12] though no studies have been performed on men with sexual dysfunction or infertility. Maca has not been shown to affect sex hormone levels in humans[13] In addition, maca has been shown to increase mating behavior in male mice and rats.[14]"

Has anyone tried these, and what's your opinion?
TIA!!!

me and my husband both take maca, it does far more than increase libido and sperm count. it can improve hardness, memory, mental agility, energy levels and concentration. it helps to smooth out womens hormones and increase low progesterone. its actually a food source, not a vitamin and is good for women, men and children, i swear by it.

because of it increasing prgesterone levels it is advised to not stop taking it once you get a bfp as this will make the levels drop again, best to carry on untill at least 3 months. as with anything please do a lot of research before taking anything.

Ohh I'm interested, particularly in Maca ... can you get it in wholefood shops? Any more info? I don't just want to buy it online without understanding more ...

I bought mine online, healthfood shops sell it in a mix with something else.

you can get it in powder form, very nasty taste people say, i got mine in tablet form from https://www.healthydirect.com/ free delivery but took about 2 weeks to turn up, its on sale there at the moment.

Thank you :hugs: picked up some from the health food shop .. (got fleeced on the price so I see!!!) will try it this month :happydance:

I know this is an older thread but I have to add that I've been on Maca for 2 months now and I definately see a difference. Actually I'm on both of these, spirulina too. I have severe Endometriosis (sorry, seems like EVERY SINGLE post I say that) and the last 2 cycles have been amazing, I can DEFINATELY see a change! I am now going to TTC actively and I hope one of these days I get my turn!
Best to you all out there looking for your miracle~

this is a super old thread, but taking a chance by posting...
I'm currently on Progesterone cream...would you say that MACA is 'better' than the OTC cream...?? would it be advised that I change to the maca from the cream?
I have had 5mc's since last Feb and have been ttc for 13mo...so I'm very serious about this progesterone thing....
Thanks sweet girls!!!!!!!!!
:hug:

I'm currently on Progesterone cream...would you say that MACA is 'better' than the OTC cream...?? would it be advised that I change to the maca from the cream?
I have had 5mc's since last Feb and have been ttc for 13mo...so I'm very serious about this progesterone thing....

Sorry that I don't have much information, but I did read that if maca was helping you with progesterone that it should be taken during your first trimester or levels can drop and lead to a mc. If you do switch, definitely do some research on it to make your chances as good as possible! I am so sorry for your losses :(

Sorry that I don't have much information, but I did read that if maca was helping you with progesterone that it should be taken during your first trimester or levels can drop and lead to a mc. If you do switch, definitely do some research on it to make your chances as good as possible! I am so sorry for your losses :(

:hugs:thanks sweetie...is a bummer, but I WILL NOT give up:thumbup:
I actually DON'T take the maca, yet:haha: I DO take prog cream(which I'd continue until 12wks.)...from what I've been reading on the Maca though, seems like IT would be more beneficial..just my gut..certainly don't know for sure...I like to ask a zillion q's and definitely like to pick the brains of those who have tried...makes me feel better about starting/switching something...

:hugs:thanks sweetie...is a bummer, but I WILL NOT give up:thumbup:
I actually DON'T take the maca, yet:haha: I DO take prog cream(which I'd continue until 12wks.)...from what I've been reading on the Maca though, seems like IT would be more beneficial..just my gut..certainly don't know for sure...I like to ask a zillion q's and definitely like to pick the brains of those who have tried...makes me feel better about starting/switching something...

I agree with asking first! I started maca recently, but just stopped it because I am having unusual bleeding (I think from a leep procedure i had 5 weeks ago) I wanted to make sure the bleeding wasn't from the maca so I stopped it just in case (although I doubt it is related) i have heard that you have to find the right dose for you. I started on 1/2 tsp and was ok, and then upped it to 1 teaspoon and was very lethargic. I have dh taking it as I heard it is great for sperm...can't hurt right! Good luck to you!! :)

currently i'am TTC with maca(half TBS) and spirulina (half tsp)
just feeling good.. :thumbup:
lets see is it work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"