Spotting after miscarriage...getting worried

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I had a miscarriage at 4+2 weeks on September 12. :( The bleeding lasted about 6 days and then stopped completely. During that week I had blood tests and my hcg level returned to zero.

On Monday, cycle day 17, i started having some light spotting. It's been on and of until today and has yet to completely stop. There's not much, requiring a panty liner at most, and the bleeding is mostly brown/pink/light red. There hasn't been any flow to it or bright red bleeding.

I took a pregnancy test, just to make sure and it was negative.

Is this something I should be worried about? I've never had spotting in the middle of my cycle before. Thanks for any help you ladies can give me. :flower:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Well, technically this isn't a cycle. Really close as you were quite early but the body isn't necessarily going to act the same. That being said, when is your regular O day? It could be ovulation bleeding. I'm not sure if it's supposed to last this long though. I would wait and see.

I still get on and off spotting when I do heavy lifting or too much activity. But I was light for a week, spotted a day, heavy for 2 (where I am sure I passed everything), then light for 3 days, spotting for another 6, nothing for 3 days, spot, nothing, spot, nothing for the last 2 days. I would be cd27 if you count the start of bleeding as day 1. So I am very much not having a normal cycle.

The hormones are just wacky. So you will just have to wait it out. My doc told me if it got heavy again to call. It just could be little amounts left over coming through. Hopefully af will show up on schedule for you.

Sorry for your loss :hugs: I wouldn't have thought you have retained tissue because you had a BFN. The other main thing to check is infection - if your bleeding smells normal you should be clear on that too - I had an infection after my MC in June and the bleeding smelt *sorry TMI* like off meat, or an abattoir.

I had weird spotting before / after AF for the next 2 AFs (last month it was down to just a tiny bit the day before AF) so it really could just be your body recovering. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->