Spotting/bleeding after sex only

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
If it's one thing I have noticed with my pregnancy (so far) is that I ALWAYS spot/lightly bleed after sex or masterbation (clitoral only). I as soon as I'm done I got to the bathroom to clean up and there is the light bleeding/spotting. It starts out medium pink color bleeding and stays trike that for about 5-6 hours and lightens up, usually take 18-20 hours to stop.
If I do a quick wipe there's barely anything there, if I press orb wipe harder that's when I see more of the dusty rose color spotting. Then it goes into a light pinkish/peach color.

Last night my hormones got the best of me and I needed to take care of it. I used a vibrating toy (only on the outside, no penetration) I brought myself to an orgasm and of course right after there was the heavy spotting/light bleeding that was medium pink-light red color (the red was really quick, it didn't last) then I went to wipe again ant there was this tiny little string (very very tiny). Woke up this morning and had a tiny dark red string streak on my TP. After that my spotting has lightened up and now is a really light pink/light peach color.

Every time this happens my heart sinks, I try extremely hard not to do anything but it's very very difficult for me. Should I still worry even if it disappears and only happens from sexual activity? I do have mild-moderate cramping (more mild) but quite honestly I have had cramping since ovulation so I guess cramping is my norm (it's not painful or have me in tears leaning over...NONE OF THAT) I have a prenatal nurse appt on Thursday. I just hope I'm not doing something to the baby or have caused a possible miscarriage. I have read that women m/c after sex or masterbation.

It's not true that sex can cause m/c in a normal healthy pregnancy although but our fertility clinic does advise no sex/orgasms if you are experiencing bleeding. They class it as threatened miscarrige and advise pelvic rest. And personally if it were me Id hang back from that side of things just until you get the all clear from a doctor that it is safe. Spotting can be perfectly normal in early pregnancy so try not to panic too much! Good luck for you appointment.

It can be the way your body contracts when you orgasm/have sex that can cause spotting. I know some doctors recommend waiting a week after spotting to try again. I would definitely ask at your appointment and abstain until then - just in case! I wouldn't worry about causing yourself to mc.

It can be the way your body contracts when you orgasm/have sex that can cause spotting. I know some doctors recommend waiting a week after spotting to try again. I would definitely ask at your appointment and abstain until then - just in case! I wouldn't worry about causing yourself to mc.

Thanks hun, I'm freaked out but at the same time not because it only happens when it comes to having sex, masturbating, and orgasms. Other than that I don't get spotting. I would think if I was having a mc that it would be heavy bleeding, it would last longer, and make it into the pad. But it doesn't do any of those. People on multiple boards say it's bad if you're cramping and others say it's normal. I have mild to moderate cramping all the time anyway. So I guess that's just my normal. I know what bad cramps are, I get them during my periods, and the cramps I have had since ovulation have not even been close to the ones I get during my period. I guess it's normal for a woman who is expecting her first to look at every small detail and make yourself go nuts lol.

I wrote to my doctor and asked her opinion, I haven't heard back from her yet, which is making me nervous because she is good at getting back to me pretty quick, or at least her nurse does. This waiting game is going to make me go crazy. Hats off to all the women that have been:going through this.

I agree with the others- maybe refrain from it until doc says it is ok.
Don't worry though and all the best, the early weeks can be hard! x

Trying not to worry is going to be the hardest thing. I am by nature a worry machine, I've had to be that way my whole life. I hope to hear back from my one doctor very soon.

Trying not to worry is going to be the hardest thing. I am by nature a worry machine, I've had to be that way my whole life. I hope to hear back from my one doctor very soon.

Yes I'm a worrier too it's all I've done the last 12 weeks. I'm sure all wil be ok :)

Yes I'm a worrier too it's all I've done the last 12 weeks. I'm sure all wil be ok :)

Thanks hun, I guess it's in our genetic code lol. The spotting is so faint now that it's pretty much gone. I have tried to take it easy today, slept in quite a bit. So that probably helped in some way. At least I know what causes the bleeding/spotting so that a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->