Spotting scare... and a setback :(

bohemiangel

Reaction score
Sooooooo.... just writing in this forum because I don't really have anyone that I can share this with right now. Not that any of my friends would really care to hear about it, anyway!!

So with my recent interest in fertility charting, I've been checking my CM in the shower daily. During ovulation, I noticed I would have streaks of blood in there, and I didn't think much of it because I assumed it was just a bit of ovulation bleeding. That would probably be a good thing, right? Well, for the past couple of months it was more than just a "twinge" of blood in the CM; in fact, it looked more like a large blood clot rather than CM at all (sorry if that was TMI). That lasted for three days. I was thoroughly freaked out and went to go see the gyne. She tested me for everything- Pap, HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, culture... everything came back negative. Then they ran an ultrasound and said there was "something in the cervix" that was about the size of a blueberry. They couldn't tell if it was a cervical polyp or a blood clot since they did the ultrasound while I was still on my period. They told me to come back for another one next week.

So it's most likely an endocervical polyp because that would clearly explain the symptoms. Also it's probably better to find something like that now and get it taken care of, because that would have almost certainly inhibited my fertility if/when me and my SO finally got around to TTC (hopefully soon). Would be a relief if it were just a blood clot, though, to spare me from having any kind of gyne procedure... So I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Now I just have to wait for the next ultrasound, and then wait for the results of that one. Ugh, I hate waiting.

So just babbling here more than anything. Bummed and still kinda freaked out about it. Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far :)

Hope it gets sorted soon :hugs: but at least you found it now and not while you are TTC!

Sorry to hear but good on you for knowing your body so well!

Thanks, ladies! Yep, better to find this out now rather than after a year or so of unsuccessfully trying to get pregnant! At least after this ordeal is taken care of I'll know there are no more structural problems on my end :)

Very good that you are so in tuned to your body! Hopefully it has been caught early, you can get it taken care of, and go on out TTC successfully. :)

Well, not very good news. 2nd ultrasound confirmed that not only was it not a blood clot, but I have an endocervical polyp blocking the cervical canal AND 2 uterine polyps. Gyne recommended surgery, which is set for May 7th. I guess in a way it was good to find this out now before TTC rather than trying for years with no success. I have read many posts on here now from women with uterine polyps that had been trying for many years without success, then had them removed and went on to have successful pregnancies :) Now just to get this procedure over and done with! Yikes!!

Yes good news that it's been found before u start TTC. Hopefully after the op everything will go smoothly for you. Hope it goes well hun. X

May I ask what is endocervical polyp I have never heard of this before.

Good for you for knowing something wasn't right, I wish I knew how to check that 'area' properly. Hope all goes well with your surgery, please keep us updated. X

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I'm sure all will go well :)

And CarlyP, a polyp is an overgrowth of either cervical or endometrial (the lining of the womb) tissue. "Endo"cervical means inside the cervix where you can't see it, so unfortunately this will be a little more of an invasive procedure than just having it quickly nipped off in the doctor's office. If you are concerned you might have polyps, visit your gyne and request a pelvic/transvaginal ultrasound. That's how they found mine. Oftentimes they have no symptoms, but they can cause irregular bleeding, spotting between periods, heavy cramps, and early miscarriages.
HTH! :flower:

Just giving an update in case anyone else with polyps comes across this thread in a search. I just had the surgery two days ago- a hysteroscopy with polypectomy and D&C. I think that fasting prior to the procedure was probably the worst part!:roll: Otherwise, the surgery was no big deal. Went to the hospital, changed into the little gown thing, chatted with the doc and the anesthesiologist for a bit, they put the sleepy juice in my IV and the next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery. Cramping afterwards was very minimal, nothing a dose of Ibuprofen couldn't take care of. My monthly period cramps are about 10x worse than that. Now I'm two days out and have had very minimal spotting. No biggie. Turns out that the two uterine polyps I had were directly in front of each of the fallopian tubes, and the third polyp was inside the endocervical canal. Talk about road blocks!

So glad to have that taken care of, which hopefully gives me & my honey a clean slate to start TTC this July. Yayyyyyyyyy! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->