Spotty itchy bump.

Smudge101

Reaction score
Aaaaaargh it's driving me crazy!

Came up a couple of days ago and it hasn't spread anywhere else, i feel fine and baby is moving as normal so I'm sure it's just PUPPP's or another random 3rd tri pregnancy thing.

It's itching like mad though so got some calamine lotion cream from the chemists. Hope this eases it a bit.

Anyone else had something similar and can recommend anything for a bit of relief?

i've had this for a couple of weeks now - its awful, probably the worst pregnancy symptom i've had cos i'm up all night itching!

i went to the doctors and they gave me a steroid cream and also sent me for a blood test to check my liver is ok (it is!)

the steroid cream cleared up the rash pretty well but unfortunately mine has now spread to my thighs, lower legs/feet and upper arms :nope: i did get a massive bottle of e45 for free on prescription which was a bonus although its nearly all gone now i've used it so much!!

i think its best you get it looked at and get your liver checked cos if it is that it could turn into something more serious that the docs will have to monitor

i hope it doesn't spread anywhere else for you!!

I'm at the midwife next week and I plan to show her it then. I figured with the bank holiday it will be virtually impossible to get a doctors appointment before I see the midwife.

I hope it doesn't spread but if it does I'll try get into the docs earlier and get my bloods done.

i had this - are the spots in your stretch marks? i got told mine were due to skin stretching so quickly the skin wasnt having time to adjust, hence the itchy spots in the bump, irritation due to stretching. i ha liver test done was negative, no itching anywhere else

mine started at 32 weeks

i used a soap called grandpas pine tar soap..im still using it, helps. and i use e45 or calomine lotion after the shower, would definately keep skin moisturised as dryness aggravates the situation.

mines cleared up now, still a little itchy under bump but thats because bump still growing loads.

i had this - are the spots in your stretch marks? i got told mine were due to skin stretching so quickly the skin wasnt having time to adjust, hence the itchy spots in the bump, irritation due to stretching. i ha liver test done was negative, no itching anywhere else

mine started at 32 weeks

i used a soap called grandpas pine tar soap..im still using it, helps. and i use e45 or calomine lotion after the shower, would definately keep skin moisturised as dryness aggravates the situation.

mines cleared up now, still a little itchy under bump but thats because bump still growing loads.

Touchwood I haven't got any stretch marks yet but the spots (although they are more like tiny pimples) are mainly down the sides where it feels likes I've been really stretched. Not really got any down the middle. Mine started last week at 32 weeks too.

Touchwood I haven't got any stretch marks yet but the spots (although they are more like tiny pimples) are mainly down the sides where it feels likes I've been really stretched. Not really got any down the middle. Mine started last week at 32 weeks too.

ahh you so lucky i've got deep stretch marks on my belly, coz im tiny and baby is a very good weight and belly just popped out loads!
sounds like what i had - irritation due to skin stretching so rapidly
definately get e45 cream from the doctors or shop - an get calomine lotion - it helps.

ahh you so lucky i've got deep stretch marks on my belly, coz im tiny and baby is a very good weight and belly just popped out loads!
sounds like what i had - irritation due to skin stretching so rapidly
definately get e45 cream from the doctors or shop - an get calomine lotion - it helps.

I've got some camomile which I'll be putting on tonight. I'll get some E45 tomorrow.

I've been putting loads of bio oil on morning and night too. Do you think that could be irritating it?

you could ease up on the bio oil for a few days see if it works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->