Starting 2nd Cycle Clomid on Monday - Buddies Anyone?

ERosePW

Reaction score
I'm on CD 2, and I'll be starting the Clomid on CD5, Monday. If anyone is interested in a buddy, I'd love to have someone to chat with during this cycle. :)

I'm done with my 1st round clomid, resulting in a cancelled IUI due to 8 mature follicles - 3>20mm and 5>16 mm...
me and DH are unexplained cases and this outcome with 100mg is totally unexpected!:haha:

Doc has advised abstinence until AF arrives and then I'll be on a natural cycle IUI.

Can u plz tell me what dose of clomid u were on on ur 1st cycle and did its effect carry on to ur current cycle?

Hello! Wow, that's sure a lot of nice big follicles! But I can see why the doc was afraid to move forward with the IUI. Honestly, I'm surprised he started you at 100mgs if you dont have any known issues. I was started at 25mgs; however, thats a very small dose. It's half the dose of what women are normally started at. The most common seems to be a starting point of 50mgs, and if that doesnt work, then they gradually go up from there in 50mg increments. It sounds like he could've started you at 50 or even at my dose of 25 mgs.

My dose was prescribed to me in order push ovulation out by a few days. He thought maybe I was ovulating too early, and thought I might benefit if it was pushed out to cd14. The medicine did exactly what he wanted in the first month, although I did not get pregnant.

As far as the effect carrying over to the next cycle, that's a good question that I dont have a definitive answer for. I've looked that up myself, wondering if stopping the med would result right away in my ovulation going right back to cd10 or if there would be residual effects in the next cycle, but since I'm only in my 2nd cycle and haven't actually stopped the drug, I dont have personal experience. What I've read online is mixed... some say it seemed to have the same effect for one more cycle after quitting, so I'm very curious too. But since you had so many follicles with Clomid, who knows, maybe you're just fine without the Clomid, and maybe the IUI alone would work without needing Clomid at all! I feel like you have a really great chance of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->