Starting A Calorie Controlled Diet 19/11/2012

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
My LO is 7 weeks old tomorrow and I now feel ready to focus some of my energy in to losing weight. I want to be able to keep track of it and hopefully not lose my motivation once I get going so thought I'd start a thread here that I can keep updated with my progress.

So a bit of background history. I'm 25, 5'9" and currently weigh 12st 10lbs. Before I got pregnant I was 12st 5lbs and went up to 14st so I didn't do too bad with the gain. However when I met OH I was 11st and ideally I at least want to get back to that weight.

At my biggest I was 16st 7lbs (about 4 years ago) and I managed to stay around 11st for a year until I got pregnant. I lost all the weight sticking to a calorie controlled diet and logging what I ate on Tweet What You Eat.

Seeing as it worked so well last time, I'm going to use this method again. However I currently have no suitable food in, hence starting next week :haha:

Based on my height and weight I should be taking in around 1,400 calories a day to lose weight. So yeah, just wanted to get it all wrote down before I back out of it once Monday comes lol.

If anyone feels like joining me, you're more than welcome :thumbup:

Just wanted to add some pictures for thinspiration lol.

First two are me at my biggest in photo (prob around 15st as I didn't let people take pics very often). Third is what I at least want to get to again (11st).

I just feel so frumpy and unattractive these days, like I've lost all of who I was when I first met OH :cry:

Attachments

• 322_26764612311_8569_n.jpg
    322_26764612311_8569_n.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 364_36894517311_7068_n.jpg
    364_36894517311_7068_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 181010_498438327311_3239966_n.jpg
    181010_498438327311_3239966_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 18
hi i'm sarah i'm 27 and 5' 8". i started my cal counting last week with my fitness pal and have lost 4lb. so i'm now 12st 7lb i'm trying to get down to 12st for xmas then down to 11st after the new year. good luck :)

Hi Sarah. Brilliant work on losing 4lbs already, I hope I see that sort of result by next week lol. Good luck to you too :D

I've never heard of My Fitness Pal, will take a look and see what it's like :thumbup:

I've also had success using myfitnesspal, it's pretty easy to use on the phone. One thing I recommend is to only weigh yourself once a week, as the daily fluctuations can be traumatic if you check it all the time!

Unfortunately I have a rubbish phone that doesn't use apps so I don't think I can use it on that. I have however downloaded it on to my tablet so planning on keeping track that way rather than writing it all down.

Thanks for the advice about weighing myself, I have made the error of doing it every day or two before now lol. I'm gonna stick to every Monday morning :)

hi shelli! Congrats on your LO!! Shes precious!!

are you breastfeeding???

you can achieve your goals hun!! I lost 87 lbs since I had my daughter...just with calorie control and exercise. :D

Thank you, your LO looks gorgeous too!

I'm not breastfeeding, I know that can aide weight loss but it's not for me.

Wow that is a lot of weight, well done you! I can't even imagine losing that much lol. You must have great motivation :D

2 stone in 10 days is great so far, I'm sure more will keep falling off you!

That's my biggest issue, OH has no problems with how I look now, but I do. I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin, to the extent that I avoid leaving the house if I can and I know that's not good for me.

This week has been kinda meh so far, I'll admit I haven't been as good as I was initially aiming to be. I think I need to give myself a kick up the bum and get going cos I know once I start losing the weight and seeing a difference I'll be on a roll (that's when I always feel my best!).

I think I'm gonna stick some pictures of myself on my food cupboards and fridge. Then if I'm tempted to snack I can see what I don't want to look like and what I do want to look like lol.

Good luck and congratulations on your little bundle! :) x

Well last week wasn't as good as it could of been, I was far too lax. I weighed myself on Monday morning and I'd lost a pound, so at least that something! I've been much better this week and have joined My Fitness Pal. I love the way it tells me what I'll weigh in 5 weeks at the end of each day lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well! :D

This week was more successful, I lost another 4lbs :D

This coming week is going to be tricky, it's my birthday on Wednesday and OH is taking me out for breakfast and cooking me a meal for dinner. Plus he's taking me to my favourite restaurant on Saturday. I find it so much harder to monitor what I eat when I'm eating out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->