Starting Weaning.. A few questions..

L

Laura--x

So i took Maisie to clinic today and told the hv about how shes now started waking twice a night for a bottle and whatnot and she said it sounds as if shes ready to start weaning soon, she told me to leave her a few more days and if shes the same try her on some baby rice.

So im going shopping friday to get bowls spoons ect, but have a few questions.

I read on the box of baby rice that you have to mix it with your usual ' warm baby milk'. I give Maisie her bottles at room temp, can i give her the rice at room temp or do i need to heat it??

I want to start to introduce a cup so she gets used to it, is it too early to start this or can i start it when i start food?

Whats the best sippy cup youve found from personal experience??

Thankyouu xxx

i would use warm milk as baby rice can be a bit stodgy at room temp, and it will quickly cool while your feeding

Sorry im going to sound dumb now but ive never warmed a bottle of milk in my life. Do i use boiling water from the kettle, leave it to cool then add the powder and add that to the rice.. or do i make the bottle as i usually do ( the bottles have boiled water in them and left on the side, i just add the poweder when i need one) then heat it up??

i would use warm milk as baby rice can be a bit stodgy at room temp, and it will quickly cool while your feeding

snap!!

with regards to spoons and bowls have a look in tesco they were selling the tommee tippee bowls and heat sense spoons 2 for £4 (they are usually £3 somethign each!)

good luck xxx

When warming her bottles you can add the powder then put the whole bottle in the jug to warm. You test the warmth by shaking the bottle over the insides of your wrists. Or you add boiling water to the pre-boiled cooled water... ie if she has a 6oz bottle, make up a 5oz like normal then add 1oz of boiling water to warm it...

It is a good idea to start now introducing Maisie to a sippy cup... I just bought a tommee tippee explorer one. But she drinks from a normal sippy cup for 6month+

why don't you leave the bottles as they are, but make up an extra oz in one of them. use some of this to make her rice, then warm rice in microwave?

i can use boiling water from kettle for these powdered cereals but don't find they mix nice until ive micro'd it?

Layla uses this and has done since about 3 1/2 months for her water only. She wouldn't take it from bottle but this has no valve, so a tiny suck or lick lol get's it out. Now she knows its coming and takes it fantastic from there
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/medias/sys_master/8609558640979008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->