Steamer help! Iv never used one before!?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I have never ever used a steamer before so i have a few questions if anyone could help me please??

Can you put 2 different types of veg/fruit on one tray whilst steaming?

How come it takes ages to steam when it takes no time to boil? For example if i follow the steamer food guideline it says that carrotts should be steamed for 40mins yet in the annabel karmel book it says you can boil carrots for upt 20mins...whys that :confused:

Thankyou xxx

yes u can put different types of fruit and veg in the same tray. I always find steaming to be quick. Just keep testing the food, and u will prob find its quicker than 40 mins.

If u have two tier tray, and are cooking meat and veg, the meat should always be at the bottom, so as to not contaminate the other food. HTH x

Thankyou...how do you usually know that it is ready in a steamer?? Just when its soft? xx

yeah just stick ur fork in, just as you would if you were boiling it - for veg

and meat, thats the same as cooking any other way, just make sure its hot right through and the juices run clear etc. Steamed chicken breast is really nice!

Thankyou! Sorry last question but how long do you find rougly it takes veg to steam properly? (just so that i keep an eye out on the time!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->