Step Parenting Section?

NicoleLJ

Mom to 6 beautiful Kids
Reaction score
So I am new to the step parent role so scrolled through the different sections on Baby and Bump looking for a Step Parent section. Only to discover there isn't any. I wonder if there are enough people who are interested in a section like that if the Admins would consider opening one.

Is anyone else a Step Parent who would like to see a section just for discussion about the joys and challenges of being a Step Parent? I just became a step parent to my partners two children this summer. His 10yr old son and 8yr old daughter. Whom he has not seen since they were 3 & 8 months. They were removed from their mom when they were younger, after my partner and she broke up, and placed with an adoptive family. The family ended up abusing them and neglecting them so they went back into the foster system. We have had visits all summer(supervised) and this week they are reassessing the supervision and will be taking us off it. They said they want to start transitioning his daughter into our home this fall. His son just left for assessment and treatment for possible autism or aspergers but we send him care packages every week and the goal is once he is through the program he will be transitioned home as well.

Sooo long story short I am brand new to step parenting. We also have a 2yr old son together and my 16yr old daughter from my previous marriage. And might be having my two oldest sons moving home as well if all goes right. So big family. I know being a step parent comes with it's own unique challenges and rewards. Looking forward to hearing from other step parents, sharing experiences and advice.

I am a step mom! I would love a step parent section! I don't have any step-parent friends and it would be awesome to talk to someone that knows what I am going through in some situations. :flower:

I am brand new to it. So far the only challenges is my teen daughter is a tad jealous of the attention her new siblings get. But she doesn't take those feelings out on them. She instead talks to me privately about it and when they are around she tries to do things with them. This is new for her too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->