steriliser question

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
OK something that i dont quite understand....

... i have the tommee tippee electric steriliser...

Am i right in thinking that once bottles have been sterilised they only stay sterilised for 3 hours and the bottles must be made up before this time..

ie.. either with water for your formula or expressed breast milk!!

Also how do you dry your bottles cos they are still very wet when they come out??

AND... I have tommee tippee manual pump... do i/can i... take it completely apart to clean and sterilise...

last question promise....
... do I need to sterilise my milk containers every time??

Yep once the timer goes to 0 you have to sterilise again (have same one) ...Silly really because when bottles hit the air etc stored in fridge they are open to what not (even HV said that lol) I stopped around 4/5 months being fussy I'd sterilise but not be worried about the 3 hour thing if I forgot they were in there then since 6/7 months I stopped sterilising fullstop.

Steam on bottles just leave them a lil while after finishing or give them a shake!

When I needed empty bottles I would sterilise the bottles and keep them in the fridge empty rather than ssterilising bottles, making up boiled water & fridging ...same difference!

Breast pump manual:
https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/UserFiles/Manuals/ctn_breastpump_instructions.pdf

Instructions are there for the sterilising box? & more info under the 'how to use' instruction 7.

Hope that helps

thats what I thought wobbles.... I mean as soon as you take them out and make them up anyway they are open to air etc!! Im sure if I was a bit late they would be fine wouldnt they??

I do make up some formula bottles but as Im trying to exclusively express I store the milk in little pots!!

Seems a waste to sterilise for just one bottle at a time!!

Also NO WAY does it hold 6 lol....!! Unless there really is a knack on getting them in there!!

Lol i had the exact same question in the bottle and breast feeding section hun...its bizarre isn't it...i was actually wondering if all sterilisers streilise bottles only up until 3hours...hmmmm...

CTN bottles? If so only 5 lol

Newborn I made her bottles every 12 hours rather than 24 of cooled boiled water and added formula at feeding after warming the water first think I started doing every 24 hours around 3 months.

Once steralised I either make the bottles up with boiled water & put to one side ready to add formula to, or assemble the bottles empty if going out & using cartons. I have to be honest & say I think I have gone over the 3hr mark once or twice too, haven't had any probs, but wouldn't do it intentionally:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->